after market stereo

neo

Great information, I am going to change out my BOSE system, could we m start a discusion on the best speakers to fit as i am told the bose speakers won't work with none bose.

The head unit i am looking at is

PIONEER DEH-P70BT - Car Bluetooth/CD/MP3/WMA/Tuner

As of the wiring im going to cut out the old and fit an iso plug and use the old plug as a slave lead back to the iso plug if i put back in the bose system, but for all the benefit of the upgrade who would want to go back !!!

Bose speakers are 2 ohms , so they will need to be ripped out and al whole new system installed, so new head unit as well !

steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Nick

I'm also running an Alpine head unit (about a year old) on my JDM import, have changed the front speakers to some quality ones, the thing i've noticed though is that it's definatley not as loud as when the Bose head unit was in ()had to replace head unit in order to get radio reception), the question is why am I not getting better sound, not as loud, and when volume is up to near full it sounds like the bass is comprimised?!!! I have the JAP Sat Nav and computer still installed but the SAT NAV was updated with the Panasoic aftermarket kit. Hope this makes some sense?!!! :surrender: