Brembo brakes

jim

Hi,

Just joined recently, first posting. This is a very helpful forum.

I have just bought a JDM import, Gunmetal, tiptronic box, boot spoiler, standard alloys, aftermarket DVD/CD/MD player (ADDZEST). It's brilliant, but I notice that a lot of you rave about the Brembo brakes fitted to the UK spec models. Mine has the stock brake calipers. Is it possible to upgrade to Brembos? Can it be done easily? Is it expensive/worth it?

PS Another difference from the UK spec - the alloys are 17", not 18".

Hi,

Just joined recently, first posting. This is a very helpful forum.

I have just bought a JDM import, Gunmetal, tiptronic box, boot spoiler, standard alloys, aftermarket DVD/CD/MD player (ADDZEST). It's brilliant, but I notice that a lot of you rave about the Brembo brakes fitted to the UK spec models. Mine has the stock brake calipers. Is it possible to upgrade to Brembos? Can it be done easily? Is it expensive/worth it?

PS Another difference from the UK spec - the alloys are 17", not 18".

My JDM has standard calipers ,but never got into any brake fade probs during normal road use c,and I give it some welly at the best of times ! :scare:

will be expensive to swop to Brembo,s need discs as well as calipers also associated brake lines...not really worth it for any percieved gain in performance ..They look better though :p

17" rims will swop straight over for 18" :thumbs:

:welcome:

mate if you want to upgrade from oem JDM brakes, why not go the whole hog and get some proper BBKs?

few names: Stoptech, Project Mu, Wilwood, AP Racing etc etc etc

Oh most of those will require you to get bigger wheels too :)

Only a thought, but it might be worth a try - I know that The Palmer Sport outfit bought a few 350’s and then actually upgraded the Brembos to the Nismo big Brembo set-up, possibly they still have some standard Brembo callipers/discs around for sale?

I hammer mine and the standard Brembos are wicked, would definitely recommend them, I’ve upgraded the lines and pads and would advise you do the same if you do the callipers.

Thanks to all for the advice. Having now priced the upgrade at roughly £2500 (and that's only for the front), I think I will stick to the standard brakes for the moment. Her indoors wouldn't understand!

Cheers,

Jim

:dry:

Ive been thinking of this upgrade too Jim, but dont really hammer it and the brakes are good most of the times. You can upgrade brake lines (steel lines) and get better pads and discs and this should be pretty much all you ll ever need, maybe even if you go SC way imo.

I have been looking around the web for disks and pads etc. Trouble is, apart from the Brembos, I'm not too sure what to look for in order to improve on what is already on the car.

There is a company called Car Parts Direct which is promoting Rossini equipment. Anybody had any experience of this kit?

:welcome:

mate if you want to upgrade from oem JDM brakes, why not go the whole hog and get some proper BBKs?

few names: Stoptech, Project Mu, Wilwood, AP Racing etc etc etc

Oh most of those will require you to get bigger wheels too :)

never heard of rossini equipment.... but i heard of the names I mentioned above ...

Just a review on the Wilwood, a friend has em on his TT Z , and he says they are junk. Endless, Stop-Tech, Rotora, AP Racing all have had good reviews in the US. From what I gather after talking with Stop Tech, 4 POT brakes are sufficent for the Z, the size of the rotor is really what counts for heat reduction. 355 Rotors with 4 Pot Calipers should be a great set up. :thumbs: