Find out my service history?

marzman

Hi all,

I bought my zed in october last year at 35k miles. The garage i bought it from serviced it, but its time for another now - im at 45k

my problem though is there is no history with the car - its an import, but has been in the uk since 2003 - but i dont know what services its had in the past...

Im taking it to TDI North, and they've just emailed me a quote -

A basic service is £98.76

The 30K or C service is approx £415

I REALLY dont want to drop £400 on a service at the moment... if i call nissan would they possibly carry some history on my car?? i know BMW do that, wherever you take it!

What would you guys do??

Its 9000 miles or 12 months so assuming it is a 2003 car and only done 35K it will have had 4 annual services i.e P1, P2, P1, P3 and now due for a P1. However if its a 2002 car it will be P2.

Its 9000 miles or 12 months so assuming it is a 2003 car and only done 35K it will have had 4 annual services i.e P1, P2, P1, P3 and now due for a P1. However if its a 2002 car it will be P2.

Very logical - makes good sense! But in reality its unlikely that would have happened... 2 previous owners, etc etc. Probably all just garage services before the customer takes delivery!

Very logical - makes good sense! But in reality its unlikely that would have happened... 2 previous owners, etc etc. Probably all just garage services before the customer takes delivery!

Only thing to do then is go for the big one P3 and be sure.

As I have posted before, there is absolutely no difference between a P2 and a P3 apart from the price!

The only difference in the service schedule (page 19 of your service book) is "replace" the LSD gear oil instead of "inspect", but that doesn't apply to us cos we have the viscous coupling type.

It's a rip off from Nissan - there is no difference in the services. Just get a P2 done (nobody ever needs to pay for a P3).

As I have posted before, there is absolutely no difference between a P2 and a P3 apart from the price!

The only difference in the service schedule (page 19 of your service book) is "replace" the LSD gear oil instead of "inspect", but that doesn't apply to us cos we have the viscous coupling type.

It's a rip off from Nissan - there is no difference in the services. Just get a P2 done (nobody ever needs to pay for a P3).

Maybe so but does'nt look good on the service history IMO