idiot question

IanS16

Ive ofter seen people write MY06 or MY07 when refering to cars on here.

What does MY mean? I did a quick search and all i could find was model/year but surely we all know the model (350z) and the year follows MY so im really puzzled.

Cheers

Ive ofter seen people write MY06 or MY07 when refering to cars on here.

What does MY mean? I did a quick search and all i could find was model/year but surely we all know the model (350z) and the year follows MY so im really puzzled.

Cheers

model year

It means exactly that. There are a few MY for 350z and they are all different in some ways, some slight and some major like new engines.

MY03-05 were the first batch

MY06 was a slight uprated version of the MY03-05 (engine and cabin tweaks)

MY07 was a new engine (well 80% or so new, more torque)

When people refer to these, it is because you need to know which year it is as to which parts etc to recommend. For instance the MY03 dash cubby (satnav or cubby bin) are slightly different to the MY04. When you install a carpc the MY03 is a better choice. However these dont fit MY06 onwards. Hence you need to know which year exactly the car is.

Also remember that MY isnt always equal to the year of purchase/ first registration ;) (i.e. you could have an MY03 registered in 04 - especially if its an import)

HTH :thumbs: