NorthWest-NorthWales Sunday drive + Ice cream!

Jacko

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy. You'll be organising the next one as punishment :ohmy:

Thanks Mike, I'd accept that if I knew everyone would be happy with - drive to pub, drink lots, leave cars, stagger home. There's no way I could organise something as well as Jacko has!!!

wuss :lol:

Andy. You'll be organising the next one as punishment :ohmy:

Thanks Mike, I'd accept that if I knew everyone would be happy with - drive to pub, drink lots, leave cars, stagger home. There's no way I could organise something as well as Jacko has!!!

wuss :lol:

Accepted!! :D

how about stockport, manchester mob meet here at 8.30.

Mike, I'll be coming down the M62, M6 way so meet you at the services near J14 at 9am.

Does anyone know what they are called by the way? I can't remember and will have to look at my road atlas..... (which I haven't got in the office today :blush: )

jacko i dont know the service station name,but if you go off at junction 14 and over the bridge its next to the shell garage.

max.

Thanks Max,

Yeah its called Roadchef Chester. But thanks for the heads up......

We'll try and park as near to road as possible so everyone can see. But we have mobiles.

Actually Max, do you want to PM your mobile to me so that I have it as you are coming from afar?

:thumbs:

Chris, I would reckon it will take longer than 1 hour to get to J14 on the M56. Reckon it would be nearer 1 1/4 hours.

To get from Dronfield to the start of the m56( off the M60) takes just under an hour.

Weather update,

Looks a bit crappy and rain showers over here (when we start) but looks better when we get to Wales. I've done a quick reccy of some of he places and most are dry with even a little bit of sun, so here's hoping!

At least it looks like it will get better the more into Wales we'll go.... B)

Hi Jacko ,anywhere to eat whilst we are out??

Yeah I remember a couple of pubs, but we go through a few towns so we can alway stop somewhere if people want to. I think Bala has a few places, but its been a while since I've been there tbh. Sure there will be though..... Either that or there will probably be the obligatory fast food stand at Bala lake etc.

Don't worry I eat for England, so I'll be wanting some food of some sort! :thumbs:

Hi Jacko ,anywhere to eat whilst we are out??

Yeah I remember a couple of pubs, but we go through a few towns so we can alway stop somewhere if people want to. I think Bala has a few places, but its been a while since I've been there tbh. Sure there will be though..... Either that or there will probably be the obligatory fast food stand at Bala lake etc.

Don't worry I eat for England, so I'll be wanting some food of some sort! :thumbs:

Great I get a bit peevish with no food for too long :blush:

Guys I'm worried I'm gonna be late on suday as I always am!

If I'm not there on time leave without me I'll catch up, I don't want to hold anyone up, I've got Jackos number and he has mine.

I'm leaving work and don't have internet access at the moment at home, so if anyone needs to contact me speak with Jacko to get my number.

(sorry I posted in the wrong place before!!)

Weather update,

Looks a bit crappy and rain showers over here (when we start) but looks better when we get to Wales. I've done a quick reccy of some of he places and most are dry with even a little bit of sun, so here's hoping!

I reckon it could takes us up to 1 1/2 hours, but they saidthey would wait for us.

Where are we meeting and which was are we going. I'm in Belper BTW.

Do you want me to PM my Mobile?

Weather update,

I reckon it could takes us up to 1 1/2 hours, but they saidthey would wait for us.

Hi Kev., what route are you taking ? and we,ll meet up somewhere :thumbs: I,m near Alfreton BTW

Weather update,

Hi Kev., what route are you taking ? and we,ll meet up somewhere :thumbs: I,m near Alfreton BTW

Hi Guys,

Checked the map and it will take us 1 1/2hours at least. So what time should we go. I used to work in Northwich so know part of the route well.

From Belper and Alfreton I would recommend Ashbourne, Leek, Congleton, Holmes Chapel then Northwich. Then onto the A533 to join M56 J12.

Chris, you could either drive down to us or meet us at probably Leek. What do you reckon?

I think it's looking like a 7:30am start..

Kev , The Triangle at Belper a good meeting point ?? if were heading to Ashbourne... what time ?

Sounds good. I'm happy at 7:30am or shall we make it a little later for Chris?

Depends if he's going to meet us on route I guess.