Finally...back in the Zed

cjd1979

Well, after buying the Zed on the 9th April, I have finally enjoyed two consecutive days of actually driving the car. To recap briefly on my Zed ownership experience so far - it goes a little something like this...

Buy the car, return it to the garage the next day to get the crunchy gear change fixed. Break my wrist three days later, car comes back from the garage three weeks later and sits on the drive for two weeks.

Get frustrated of that and go for a drive with the other half driving, breaks down in Milton Keynes (complete power loss and engine stall). Back it goes to the garage on a flat bed. Get it back two days later with the view that there is nothing wrong with it. Sits on the drive for another two weeks as my wrist heals.

Wrist comes out of plaster. Go for my first drive in the Zed. Breaks down ten minutes from home (complete power loss and engine stall). Call the RAC out and gently drive it back to the dealers. Three weeks later, I get the car back, fixed (for now).

Turns out the MAF sensor was the root of the problem and has been replaced. All done free and to be fair the sales dept of Camden Nissan Northampton have been good in their approach. The service department may not see my business going forward.

On the plus side i did get to drive a micra and a qashqai :dry:, and save a fair amount of money on petrol (can use that to justify the new exhaust system).

Hard to think that the Evo has been my most reliable car so far...