Tyre needed for a 17 inch wheel

TJG

I have Bridgestone Potenza tyres on my import 350z auto coupe, they are 225/50R 17 94v RE040. Looking at the other posts I must be unique in having 17" wheels. I have a puncture on the front but Bridgestone UK don't supply what is apparently a Japanese spec tyre. It looks like I will have to fit a pair of RE050 tyres on the front axle. Watling Tyres in Catford want £150 a tyre. I note that the RE040 tyres are slated in the forum, especially in the wet. I have also had a heart in mouth moment in the damp but thought it was just my driving!

Any ideas please

Right, Watling say the RE050's are on back order and could take weeks. I contacted Tyretraders.com from the mytyre.co.uk link as suggested above and they can do me a BRIDGESTONE 225/50R17.94Y RE050 or a 225/50R17 BRIDGESTONE RE050A 98Y XL The latter is an extra load tyre with apparently a stiffer sidewall. The guy reckoned it would offer the same if not better performance, the only reason I am considering it is because they are £30 cheaper.

All base model JDMs come with 17" wheels as standard. I think the ST has the 18" ones.

Change to Toyos or Falkens - the consensus on here is that they are way ahead of the Bridgestones.

Camskill are currently offering the Toyo T1 R for £97 and the Falken ZE 512 for £64. :thumbs:

Very few responses, obviously no one has 17" wheels, I am going with Jim's Toyo T1 R's from Camskill. Bridgestone technical say the 225/50R17.94Y RE050a are pre - allocated to specific new cars (Not 350z) and it is a very new tyre so they have none and no idea of price anyway. Many thanks