American Top Gear

Indyzed

why do they have to be automotive journalists? If the show sinks or swims, it's not going to be because the hosts were or were not "journalists" IMHO. There have been plenty of car related shows in the past that have been utter disasters (and not at all enjoyable), that had nothing but journalists involved. Passion IMHO is far more important than what school you went to.

Hammond was/is a game show host essentially - and I think even hosted a dog show (pets, not women). I think he's easily as entertaining, and passionate, as Clarkson and May, who have more traditional car media experience.

I personally am not a Foust fan as far as tv goes, but oh well - some show hopefully is better than none, and if its a total wash, thank god for youtube videos of the real show!

I know Hammond and he is a great guy, I think the reason the show work well is that its nothing to do with car reviews but a great piece of entertainment. Remember the days of Noel Edmonds presenting :scare:

I agree - the show could be about moss and it would still be worth watching. The on air chemistry among them is terrific, and they are all intelligent, witty, and interesting