Noob question: Do Rays alloys count as a 'modification'

folderiser

Hello everyone , this is my first post :D

I'm looking at buying an '05 with GT pack. It has Rays alloys, but I'm not sure if these count as a 'modification' for insurance purposes. Can anyone confirm?

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere (I did look but couldn't find it).

Thanks in advance

I wouldnt have thought this would count as a mod mate as they are the alloys already on the car! HOWEVER I would suggest that you change the Rays asap lol soz am not a big fan of them :blush::p

Nothing is a mod if it comes as factory standard fit. Your Rays are part of the GT pack so you are safe.

HOWEVER, buy insurance with the option to add mods later without getting ripped off as it is very tempting to put some nice little mods on :teeth:

Cheers for the swift reponses. Am test driving tomorrow am!!

Good point about getting insurance with modding in mind.

As a side-note, are there any buyers guide threads on this forum? Can't see any in FAQ and I'd like to know what to look out for when I'm looking at the car.

Nothing is a mod if it comes as factory standard fit. Your Rays are part of the GT pack so you are safe.

HOWEVER, buy insurance with the option to add mods later without getting ripped off as it is very tempting to put some nice little mods on :teeth:

Chris, seeing your comment here, is the reason insurance companies classify my nismo kit as a mod because although I am buying direct from Nissan, it doesn't actually leave the factory with the kit on!? Am a little confused! :wacko:

Chris, seeing your comment here, is the reason insurance companies classify my nismo kit as a mod because although I am buying direct from Nissan, it doesn't actually leave the factory with the kit on!? Am a little confused! :wacko:

As far as I know, yes. If the car had been supplied with those nice Nismo wheels from new then no problem, but if you add them on later they don't much care where you bought them from they 'make the car more desirable' and so more of a risk.

RAYS were not part of the GT pack ;) They were a £1000 extra.... :thumbs:

RAYS were not part of the GT pack ;) They were a £1000 extra.... :thumbs:

See, I know nothing :blush: but the bit about the Nismo wheels being 'mods' is unfortunately true.