Best way to fix this?

Beavis

Had Punto broken into last night by some low life scum. What i would not give to catch them....................a good base ball batting followed by a dousing of petrol then setting them alight springs to mind. :teeth:

Had a pair of Oakley sun glasses pinched, but the dumb shits did not take the Oakley case. :wacko:

Anyhow whats the cheapest and quickest way to fix this?

DSC_0317.jpg

A grommet of some sort, depending on how permanent you want it to be. Shocking that they've actually punched a hole through the metal of the door. If you can get the lock away from the door then a rubber or metal grommet / washer should do it.

You could go further and see how much a replacement door is from a breakers....

Sorry to hear it mate, scum of the earth!

You could go further and see how much a replacement door is from a breakers....

!

Yes i think i might try to source a door, should be one somewhere :thumbs:

Would this not be covered by your insurance, or not worth claiming?

One of my mates had his stunning 300zx stolen last year, similar thing done, except way worse, hacked the whole door lock right out, like the metal was butter. Huge mess. :wacko:

******* :dry:

+1

Never seen damage like that before. Normally they pop the metal cover off the lock and ram a screwdriver in. Or the most common method with cars like this is to put a small wedge of wood in the top right of the door and pull the door back.

Should be able to get a door no problem.

even if you source a door beais I would still put a large washer behind the lock. VW golfs mKII suffered with the same problem and putting a plate behind the lock stopped the screwdriver trick

:thumbs: