Had a recall letter from NISSAN today

stanski

Yeah get yourself on the Scotland meet you will love it! :thumbs:

Anyway thats 3 X Night Blues now - too damn common for me - better sell it and get one in Norwegian Ice Blue with the light shimmer of an Angels breath on the clear gloss - there bet no ones got that !! :p

every time I see Stanskis car its a spec in the rear view mirror.

Wait for it

Dont know what you mean Uncle Mart? :drive1:p

Hi All,

When I had my P1 done it was a fixed 250 quid (Westway). They told me I had 3mm left all round on my tyres. The rears seem to be worn funny (as it some form of stagger was in effect) (on the insides for sure). I found it a bit odd than on a heavy rear wheel drive car all 4 tyres were worn equally?? I'd say I was glad I wasn't having to swap them but my new Mondeo has 18" wheels with RE050A's on (virtually same size) so - sods law :)

Never mentioned the brakes during the service. I had 8200 miles on mine and got it at 5.5k miles but I never tended to use them hard - bit anal but i used to wipe the dust off every week even if I didn't wash the car just to keep on top of it.

I never found the clutch juddery - it's the throttle is so sharp in 1st gear that you kangeroo easily. Most of the time I let the clutch out at virtual tickover to try to be smoother.

Bah sunny days make me wonder if a diesel tin top is a good idea ;)

Enjoy guys.

thanks for that info - it is a bit kangeroo in 1st - which is embarressing especially when the roof is down at lights - I dont usually worry about anything around me I switch off but you feel people looking at you so to speak - well admiring the car anyway - so its a bit pants when you drive off and your almost having to double declutch so it does'nt bounce up the road!!! :headhurt:

Anyway next service after I come back from Glasgow meet and my Edinburgh holls so thats another £200+ at Westway - see what else they find! :dry:

Booked in for next service and recall work - I checked with them yes they do need it for 2 days it is a gearbox out job - so thanks for the advance notice!

Just hope the car does'nt come back with extra scratches and rattles!!!!!! :angry: keep you informed!

Big%20sign%20on%20the%20dashboard.%20DO%20NOT%20WASH%20ME too bloody right - do that withevery car I ever had to take to a dealer to service - dont want a 16 year old kid with his grubby rag he just skimmed that oldtoyota corolla with!!

Dont know why I worry its the only car I have taken there that came back as pristine as it went in - no oil spills on the engine either - thats a first!! ;)

Starting to get a little annoyed about this. All the recalled Z’s seem to be from June 07 i.e. the first batch of 07’s which mine is yet my dealer says there’s no info on the system for the Z never mind my VIN number.

Anyone here able to run a VIN for me through Nissan?

Sorry cant help with the Vin - maybe June was a bad month last year - Mr Joshimoto been on the pop night before fitting these bits who knows - but as I predicted the recall work has not gone well!

I booked it in a couple of weeks ago - made sure they were clear about the recall work - yes they phoned back with the right details etc - ok so booked in for today (thursday) - I phoned Tuesday to double check all is ok and I will have a car to use also. Received a call yesterday from sheepish reception bod - erm you know you phoned the other day well,,,,,erm,, they cant get the parts till Saturday so can we reshedule!! :angry: Well the 18K service is due anyway so thats being done now - and will get the recall work done hopefully next week - common sense + Nissan = muppets!

Oh well there will be another Night Blue joining the ranks soon - new one parked up with all the delivery gumph still on - I checked the front bumper paint match with wings bonnet - yup way out just like mine - always thought mine had been resprayed but no - its crap fresh out the factory!! Can't beleive they put cling film on the alloys for shipping - cheapskates!! :headhurt:

j7dIJ369Or.jpg