Brake fluid

eazyste

Hi guys dont know if any one remembers but a few weeks ago i posted some pics of my new Zed and told the story about how nissan have ruined my wheels with what i believe is brake fluid, but they say its brake cleaner. They told me they were going to refurb my wheels, so when i've took it back they've give them a bit of a clean and there looking not much better! My question is, does any one know if brake fluid or brake cleaner can damage the alloy them self not just the paint? and if they are to be repainted will the paint take to the wheels properly? The guy at nissan is trying to fob me off so it looks like a letter to the boss followed by a small claims court :angry: Hope some one can help,

Cheers

Steve

PS: DONT EVER USE NISSAN IN MIDDLESBROUGH (THE ONE BY THE A66)!JUST SAY NO! :rant:

I don't know if it damages the alloy but it certainly won't do the lacquer any good.

Not sure how he can fob you off - a refurb is a refurb, not a clean. If the result is not acceptable then they have to sort it out! Letter to the boss id ok but a face-to-face chat might be quicker :)

Both brake cleaner and brake fluid I have ever used states not to get it on paint. In the case of DOT fluid you can (if you are quick) get water on it and this supposidly neutralises the effects. Not sure if the same is true of brake cleaner.

Either way, they have messed up your wheels, so accept nothing less than a full refubishment.