Looking to buy

Saddlebags

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a 350Z and have found an '03 Pearl White import Nismo 350z in trade. It's priced at £16,500 and has 38k on the clock.

I thought it was slightly overpriced but thought that I would probably be able to knock him down a few hundred with the current state of the market, as I really do like the look of this 350Z. What do you people think with regards to the price?

Cheers,

Daz

That sounds well over priced, especially for an import, for that sort fo money you could get models which are a couple of years newer and a UK spec model at that too. In my opinion if i was spending 16-17k i would go for a UK model, unless it was that white one in the above link with those lovely rims! :D

The seller also has this for sale:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/463208.htm

It has exactly the same kit (V1 rear spoiler,spats and side skirts and a dodgy looking front lip) as the white one. I reckon they import them standard for peanuts, add the kit themselves and cheap rims to make them 'look' more expensive :dry:

An 03 is only about £8k in Japan, you could get it here for another £3k or so, £1.5k on kit and rims, you've then spent £12.5k on the car and then put it up £17k :dry:

It has exactly the same kit (V1 rear spoiler,spats and side skirts and a dodgy looking front lip) as the white one. I reckon they import them standard for peanuts, add the kit themselves and cheap rims to make them 'look' more expensive :dry:

An 03 is only about £8k in Japan, you could get it here for another £3k or so, £1.5k on kit and rims, you've then spent £12.5k on the car and then put it up £17k :dry:

Shocking pricing. Not perhaps that clever in a market where even well priced Zeds aren't moving.

Shocking pricing. Not perhaps that clever in a market where even well priced Zeds aren't moving.

I agree, especially if they are trying to engineer their margin with cheap kit and wheels being added. I wonder if thay would offer any pics of the car in Japan to clarify................I know I'm cynical but thoses cars shouls be sub £14k imo :blush: