Help me find wheels - black with a lip

marzman

Hey All,

Im going to be buying wheels within the next 6 weeks and have been trawling the net for weeks trying to find the right ones.

My requirements are that they must be black, with a lip of some sort. 19", and i'm leaning towards 5-spoke, but i quite like the double 6-spoke look too.

My budget isn't too spectacular - i've only got about £1200 max to get them on my car - so thats including tyres and delivery etc etc.

Now, im going to be keeping my 17" JDM's as track/winter wheels, so im not too worried about the quality here - this is all style over substance!! :D

Most of the wheels im finding that meet my requirements (price/looks) have an offset of +35... Firstly, will this fit, and secondly, will it look sh!te? Would spacers to push the wheels out be necessary to pull off that look? Does anyone have pics of wheels with a +35 offset?

See these links for the type of wheels i want, and can anyone give me a reason not to buy these - they're the style i want.

ebay1

ebay2

+35 offset will look sh1te. If you're set on those e-bay wheels I would look at spacers.

BTW lomoto's are Ruff Racing and I don't know anywhere you can buy them here. Pretty cheap if you import them from the States though.

+35 offset will look sh1te. If you're set on those e-bay wheels I would look at spacers.

BTW lomoto's are Ruff Racing and I don't know anywhere you can buy them here. Pretty cheap if you import them from the States though.

So.... a set of spacers are what, about £200? So if i get the eBay wheels and spacers i'll still be within my budget. Im wary of spacers though - could it possibly make the clicking rear axles problem worse? I mean extra pressure on the hubs cant be good?

So.... a set of spacers are what, about £200? So if i get the eBay wheels and spacers i'll still be within my budget. Im wary of spacers though - could it possibly make the clicking rear axles problem worse? I mean extra pressure on the hubs cant be good?

Undoubtedly you'd be better getting a set of wheels with the right offsets but, if not, hubcentric spacers are the ones to go for. Couldn't comment on your clicking axle.

Take them bloody stickers of!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Who me?

No Tim, he still has bright orange stickers on the outside of his rims that indicate which direction they should rotate :lol:

Funnily enough they dont work when I'm in reverse gear ???? :wacko:

Who me?

No Tim, he still has bright orange stickers on the outside of his rims that indicate which direction they should rotate :lol:

You've only kept them on cos they match your car havent you??

I've just phoned a company called RnR Auto Design and they're finding out fitment options for me - has anyone ever heard of them? I found them online...

Anyway, they sell 19" Dare Hiro wheels - which are the same design as the Axis Hiro's - I take it Dare is the uk name for Axis wheels??

RnR Auto Design

dare uk

Who me?

You've only kept them on cos they match your car havent you??

I've just phoned a company called RnR Auto Design and they're finding out fitment options for me - has anyone ever heard of them? I found them online...

Anyway, they sell 19" Dare Hiro wheels - which are the same design as the Axis Hiro's - I take it Dare is the uk name for Axis wheels??

RnR Auto Design

dare uk

I used to work for RnR :ninja:

I can supply the Axe Hiro wheel to you, available in both silver and black. 8.5J front et 20 and 10J rear et35. Let me know if you want tyres and if so, what make etc and i'll work out a price for you. :thumbs:

Dare and Axe are nothing to do with Axis, the US company. Just cheap copies.

...right up my street then :thumbs:

Many moons ago I though about the Dare Hiros but I didn't want spacers and couldn't get the right offsets. I didn't regret saving up and getting something better though. :)