Replaced black shiny knob with a dull gray one?

stevie_350z

Just had a replacement gear knob fitted... and the bloody thing is a dull, matt gray colour! Pointed it out to dealer and he thought it was to do with wear (ie. the gray one will miraculously turn black through my fevered gripping) but soon saw the error of his ways when I pointed out all the other Zs on his forecourt (ok, just the one then) that had the same old knob as me.

Photo taken and they are going back to nissan - but he said "there's only one choice in black... and that's it" - but, I said "that aint black, it's gray."

Should be interesting! Puts me off spending all that cash on a GTR if this is the kind of dodgy crap you get from dealers.

Anyone else got a gray knob?

• 6 months later...

Newbie posting here - so go gentle...

Literally about to buy my car, went to dealer yesterday and picked the holes in the car that I wanted sorting, mentioned the gear knob looked liked a scuffed pair of shoes, and I wanted a new one - he said, that might take a while, like they had trouble getting hold of them. This was Nissan Franchised dealer by the way.

It looked really tatty though - I can't help thinking a decent after-market one would be better.

Newbie posting here - so go gentle...

Literally about to buy my car, went to dealer yesterday and picked the holes in the car that I wanted sorting, mentioned the gear knob looked liked a scuffed pair of shoes, and I wanted a new one - he said, that might take a while, like they had trouble getting hold of them. This was Nissan Franchised dealer by the way.

It looked really tatty though - I can't help thinking a decent after-market one would be better.

I think their reticence on putting on a replacement gear knob will be the high price (about £200 I seem to think ) rather than the availability :teeth: