NOS

SAFC99

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll need a few things mate to do it as safely as possible:

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218158

NOS is arguably safer than other F/I if done right. If you limit yourself to a maximum of a 75 shot (100 if you're real brave) then you gain 75 more bhp. Since the engine isn't under the constant stress of turbo or supercharger it's a bit safer. Can still blow the engine tho, like if you use the NOS in 6th gear or if you're engine is already worn out.

Nemesis UK have a fair bit of NOS experience and you'd need a tuner as well. You can do it cheaply if you cut corners but I'd be setting aside around £2000, plus the cost of a HKS f-con or Turbo-XS ECU on top.

Also bear in mind that you need a NOS filling station or other supply by mail order etc.

If you want NOS give Lloyd at nemesis a call. Nos is safe and as said is arguably safer on the engine than turbo or supercharger, mainly because it does not put a constant stress on the engine, as your use will be limited to when you can use it in a safe surrounding.

First of you want to decide how much power you want, my recommendation is start of with 25 shot and build up to 75 shot (with a controller). Why you need a controller, because you want the delivery of the nitrous progressive not just to dumped into the engine that amount of BHP into the engine which will cause stress on the pistons, like upping too much boost on a turbo. Also you will want a window switch which will only allow you to release the nitrous after 3500rpms, you really dont want to hit it before as that will cause damage over a long period of time, so a window switch will stop this happening.

Other factors you will want to consider is a bottle warmer which is a blanket which will make sure the nitrous is at the right temp before its released into the engine.

Some people decide to go direct port, which means you will have a jet in each of the cylinder which will give you equal distribution of nitrous within your intakes. This is very expensive to do an unless you are going big power. Single port (which is where one jet is inserted into your delivery pipe) will do, especially for 75 shot. If you want to go 100 shot then you got to be more careful, making sure the right ration of fuel to nitrous is distributed (wet kit only for 350z) you also will want to think of remapping the ECU for 100 shot for optimal performance, I ran 75 BHP and it was fantastic, really unreal power you will have the biggest grin on your face, and no dont believe all the crap your engine will blow, the same will happen if turbo or supercharger if not installed correctly or done properly.

So Basic things to remember:

make sure if going over 50bhp you get a controller

You get a window switch to allow release after 3500rpm

Bottle warmer and dial temp measure

You get it fitted properly single port

Must be wet kit we cannot run dry kit

Have fun..

How long does it last all depends on the size of the bottle you have. Most go for a 10LB bottle. What you got to remember is that you are not going to use all the time, so depends, if for example you were doing 1/4 mile, on one bottle you will probably get over 20 goes Id say, to refill the bottle all differs, its basically laughing gas so if you know a dentist like me you can get a refill between 15 - 20 quid, if you go to a nos supplier they make a huge mark up and charge between 35 - 45 quid.

I cant emphasis enough how good Nemesis were in helping me out, give them a bell, tell em Zedrush sent you, and they will look after you.

If I can help out anymore give me a shout.

P.S anyone says its messes up the engine, really dont know what they are talking about Im afraid.

Before I forget, purge kits.... they look great but they also serve a purpose, they release any excess air in the lines out so nitrous will flow through without being mixed. Not a big deal unless you want again optimum performance. Think of it like a syringe at the doctors. before he injects you with a booster shot he has to push it slightly to get the air out before inserting in you. Only difference is on an engine you just wont get optimum performance, on your body.. you'll get blood poisoning and die lol.

Best Prices Nemesis, I spent over a 1k but I wanted a load of gadgets with it to, but you can pick up installed around 700-800 quid

We used the NX Previously but the Wizards of Nos kit is far superior in power delivery and figures on the dyno....

We only fit the Wizards of nos kit now unless the customer supplied their own system.

:D

To be honest mate and no disrespect I think the argument swings both ways they are as good as each other. Am I right in thinking the Wizard of Nos dont use braided lines? I Know they have better solenoids but there are pros and cons with both systems, In the states they wouldnt touch Wizard of Nos yet in the UK they are praised. So either are as good as each other after my research and have seen the results of both systems dynod and they are few and far between

WE have done a couple of 350z's now with Nitrous.

Up to 100bhp you can run everything as standard.

We charge £800 INSTALLED for nitrous with a Wet Kit single point.

You will be amazed at the performance increase.

What exactly does that include? :)

Is it ok for long term usage? and similar performance gains to any FI setup? and what abt uninstalling it, cost?

Suppose it would be like a turbo in a way, only coming onto boost at a certain rpm. A 75 shot will give approx 75 more bhp and a load of torque. :teeth:

To be honest I really wouldnt go to a 100bhp shot just to be ultra safe on UK cars unless you remap the engine which will cost over £1000, 75 is the safest and most enjoyable factor to be fair. Wizard of Nos also reuse fire extinguish bottles so they dont look that attractive for show purposes, but they are nonetheless just as good as NX, but NX comes with more gadgets for cooler and if not safer performance. But it comes down to choice, 75shot on either systems will give the same output, all depends who sets it up and how its setup. As far as longetivity on the engine, it would probably outlast Turbo or SC mainly because it is not a continuous stress on the engine, only now and again, unless you use it everytime continous everytime you drive then it paralels the stress of a turbo and driving that hard all the time

• 3 weeks later...