Final Cut Studio Anyone?

Zedrush

Hope you guys dont mind me asking on here, but I know many people on here come from media style backgrounds. Just recieved Final Cut studio 2, and got another Imac but a 3.06GHz on order should be here end of this week. Anyone had any experience with this software and tips or books or dvd's you could recommend for a beginner. Looking to extend my CV with Video editing skills let me know.

fcs-070415-2.gif

Also Im planning on ordering fat man Itube carbon edition and the fat man speakers, anyone let me know what you think of the sound quality on these or any problems experienced in owning one.

iTube_Carbon_Edition_3q_1.jpg

9ac0e157b14a702b8c12666a28855c1a.jpg

Cheers all, Im clueless as usual lol

Why didnt you go for using your laptop in the end?

Also, the best way to learn, as i said on the phone, is to just jump right in, if not, call up the guys i sent you the email about. :thumbs:

On the mac pro it does not have a high enough graffic card memory

needed NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS with 512MB memory

To be honest, I don't know too much about Final Cut Pro but I know when we hire video editors in, ones with experience in editing on an Avid system seem to get more work as that's becoming more the norm these days. Then again though, if you're freelancing and doing it all on your own system, it doesn't really matter the software as long as the end product looks good :)

My bro is a wizz at Final Cut and he always raves about the effects and keying you're able to do on it, and it is a considerable amount cheaper than Avid! :teeth:

I agree with the above to an extent as Avid is still seen as the broadcast preference to editing, however with budgets being slashed in broadcast and production these days, i think FCP has been climbing a lot. Remember you can edit in HD on FCP and the multicam features are far superior. Also with the whole studio, you can set up your soundtrack, effect, animations and CGI etc and import it to FCP far easier in my opinion.

I think for the money and hardware you can get a full edit studio at about half to 3/4 the price of a full avid and still produce amazing results :thumbs: