Best Oil

clarkie34

I am going to have to top my oil up before its next service.Do you have any advice on which to get,i was thinking of Mobil 1 but have noticed they do 3 different ones now.Any ideas?

Nissan recommend 10W40 A3/B3 Semi synthetic buddy

This is what they put in the car at services. I assume that if you want to put fully synthetic in, you will have to drain the old oil out first, and after every service as they will put the above in again ;)

Do not understand what the benefits of using the fully synthetic oil is - one of the clever members will no doubt explain though.

Neil

If you service at Nissan they will just replace the oil with Nissan recommended oil. You'd have to do a full oil change to get fully synthetic. Not sure why it's better either, but car does feel better with it in. Feels smoother. Only subtle tho. . .

I've used Silkolene from Opie Oils (with forum discount) for the last two years. Very happy with it. Mind you, my car has never been near a Nissan dealer for servicing, at least not outside Japan that is.

Will fully synthetic be better when engine is cold.I do a lot of short trips so i thought full synthetic would be better for the engine.

Would have thought it was better in all areas :thumbs:

Miller Oils CFS 10W60 :thumbs:

It's synthetic though and don't think will mix unless you already have synthetic.

Why don't you get the oil changed or topped up during the service?

I personally think that oil would not really be suitable for the Zed, unless your tracking it then you wouldnt benefit from the higher temps the oil can take.

Something like a 10W40 would be more suitable in my eyes.

I personally use the Silkolene Pro S as its one of if not the best oil you can get. Again i also get mine from Opie oils.