Why Not To Buy Cheap Chinese And Taiwanese Parts.

Gaz Walker

Well you know how I bang on about not buying cheap Chinese and Taiwanese products well this is one of the reasons why. I foolishly fitted this brake kit to the front of my Supra around the middle of last year. I have done a around a maximum of 2000 miles on the brake kit and this is the state of them. The disc has developed a nice crack and they are warped to hell on both sides. The car has not done any track work just street driving and obviously stopping after quarter mile racing. To be honest they have had a pretty easy life compared to the abuse I give my Endless kits which are fitted on the Zed.

You may wonder why I was tempted to fit them in the first place. Well another trader called me up and told me of some dead stock they wanted to clear. The brakes were orginally for an Impreza. I bought them and converted them over to fit the Supra by engineering some new brakets in house. In total the conversion cost me £800 which seamed good for a BBK plus I knew they would fit behind my drag skinies as the trader let me try them on the car before deciding I would take them which was ideal.

As you can see this is the worst £800 I have parted with and I would have been better stoping with the standard brake combination as these are simply junk!

For all those that are tempted by cheap imatation parts mainly flogged on Ebay please think twice before buying and remeber they are cheap for a reason! There are some bargains to be had on ebay but these imatation parts from the far east are certainly not good buys. As you can see the company who makes these brakes had obviously had not tested them in the environment they were going to be used in and were not fit for purpose.

Lesson Learnt... :bang: Currently saving for a nice Endless Micro kit in Red or Silver :#1:

brakes1.jpg

brakes2.jpg

brakes3.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

As you'll probably know alot of discs crack but saying you have'nt given them much abuse thats pretty shocking. I'd definately swap over to some decent disc/pad combo.

Im guessing you dont rate the calipers either?

Now that sounds like a good idea! :D As you guys know I Would'nt normally have fitted this kind of garbage to any of my cars. It was case of being desperate as I wanted to fit some Skinnies (small drag racing wheels) on the front of the supra. I was a bit worried an expensive kit I specially ordered would'nt fit.

This kit was available and when test fitted without any issues, with a few mm to spare. I knew they would'nt have a hard life and had seen some reasonable reviews else where, so everything seamed to make sense and work out. How wrong could I have been. Think I managed to warp them pretty much after the first event despite bedding them in! :scare::angry:

Thanks

Kevin

+1

stop being tight arse kev and go here http://z-store.co.uk/ to get some quality items :thumbs:

damn, Kev is that the 1000bhp supra you put them on??? Id be spending more than 800 quid on brakes for that kind of BHP if it were :scare::headhurt: By the way was great to meet ya at Jap fest, the fenders looked great on your Z Id definatly recommend them and fitment was quite good too B)