Spare a thought for this poor guy.....

H5

The RS4 was still on double yellows.............. :)
We heard you the first time ;)

It needed saying again ;)

In fact, does that mean that insurance is invalid as it is parked illegally?

I'd imagine they'd try anything to get out of it, citing that if it wasn't parked illegally it would of been damaged etc etc.

My initial point was that why would you park your car directly behind your other car on double yellows? inside job? :headhurt:

It does seem very strange, especially as its just his cars. Handbrake failing too, coincidence? we will never know. :dry:

I'd imagine they'd try anything to get out of it, citing that if it wasn't parked illegally it would of been damaged etc etc.

My initial point was that why would you park your car directly behind your other car on double yellows? inside job? :headhurt:

Not sure why you'd destroy a rare Evo VI Xtreme to do that though. Torch the RS4 by all means.

If I had those cars I'd park them close to each other too.....

Not sure why you'd destroy a rare Evo VI Xtreme to do that though. Torch the RS4 by all means.

Many reasons, loan repayments, mortgage falling behind, cant cope with running them anymore so rather a payout than sell. Obviously im not say he did, but its a possibility

If you look at the daytime pictures, there are loads parked on double yellows in exactly the same way.

The sort of guy who has an RS4, and Evo 6 Xtreme, a 205 and other cars, has over 9,000 posts on the MLR and is clearly well known is highly unlikely to arrange having his own car torched. or have financial difficulties. And honestly owning those cars is probably more likely to honestly sell them. He'd get more for the Xtreme sold than a pile of rubble, with the mods on it.

Maybe give the guy a break?? :blush:

If you look at the daytime pictures, there are loads parked on double yellows in exactly the same way.

The sort of guy who has an RS4, and Evo 6 Xtreme, a 205 and other cars, has over 9,000 posts on the MLR and is clearly well known is highly unlikely to arrange having his own car torched. or have financial difficulties. And honestly owning those cars is probably more likely to honestly sell them. He'd get more for the Xtreme sold than a pile of rubble, with the mods on it.

I know what you mean mate, but you never know. Either way, its a sad way to lose a car, let alone 3

Me too, but I wouldn't park one illegally to do so. I've had a car clamped and towed away for parking on double yellows within a flat's car park. Just seems strange to me.

If I was the loss adjustor for the insurance company I'd certainly be fighting the RS4 part of the claim .............

Why does having 9000 posts mean he's unlikely to torch his car? or not have financial difficulties? He could have all sorts of loans to pay for his cars. All I'm saying is that If iwas the insurance company I'd be investigating his financial stability and would be looking to get out of the RS4 payment...... :blush:

Why does having 9000 posts mean he's unlikely to torch his car? or not have financial difficulties? He could have all sorts of loans to pay for his cars. All I'm saying is that If iwas the insurance company I'd be investigating his financial stability and would be looking to get out of the RS4 payment...... :blush:

I didn't just refer to post count. I listed a pile of things that together make this look, to me, like the guy has been done over.

There is an eye witness, so if there is anything dodgy then the police will have a chance to weedle it out.

Would've thought on a car forum there'd be a bit more compassion for the guy!

I didn't just refer to post count. I listed a pile of things that together make this look, to me, like the guy has been done over.

There is an eye witness, so if there is anything dodgy then the police will have a chance to weedle it out.

Would've thought on a car forum there'd be a bit more compassion for the guy!

Course I feel for the guy, i was just looking at it objectively rather than from a car enthusiasts. Stranger things have happened though..... :blush:

Me too, but I wouldn't park one illegally to do so. I've had a car clamped and towed away for parking on double yellows within a flat's car park. Just seems strange to me.

If I was the loss adjustor for the insurance company I'd certainly be fighting the RS4 part of the claim .............

If he was likely to get clamped presumably it would be a fairly rubbish plan as the RS4 would probably have been towed before he could set fire to the Evo...

Or alternatively the witch-hunt brigade could be casting aspersions on the scantest of evidence. :yawn:

If he was likely to get clamped presumably it would be a fairly rubbish plan as the RS4 would probably have been towed before he could set fire to the Evo...

Or alternatively the witch-hunt brigade could be casting aspersions on the scantest of evidence. :yawn:

Said like a true lawyer ;)

Based on the info given he has either been the victim of some kind of vendetta/ revenge attack or else it looks very suspicious.

Who would burn a car out just because they couldn't steal it? To me thats the actions of somebody who didn't just want the car they wanted to at least damage it to screw the owner over, meaning again that there may be more to it.

All my own opinion of course :D *

*But I do have over 13,000 posts :lol::p

Poor bloke.. hope he buys a stake and burns the low lifes who did this!

Saw some little school boy **** walking behind my car last week and i didnt think anything of it.. but later saw a scratch right across the rear.. think he did it on purpose! People just dont realise how it effects the owners.. its bloody expensive to fix and really upsetting.