My Install

Mr A

Ok, so it may not be the best install you've seen, especially compared to everyone elses, but it does the job and makes me smile. Couldnt do the headunit, so got a mate to sort that out while i done the amp housing and wiring. Not seen is the ipod connection in the armrest next to the phone kit. the whole install was really easy :dry: who am i kidding, it was the hardest thing ive done!

Nice install :thumbs:

Quick question, have you got a factory fitted SatNav and does having an after market HU affect it?

Cheers mate, its a factory satnav, after putting in the headunit, all ive lost is the direction voice (the annoying woman telling me where to go), other then that, its all working fine and havent had any problems.

I thought that might be the case. Looking at changing my HU as well, losing the voice might be a blessing in disguise!

its annoying when you have a track blasting out loud and then the satnav woman blurts out her directions, so im happy ive gotten rid of the voice.

I thought that might be the case. Looking at changing my HU as well, losing the voice might be a blessing in disguise!

its annoying when you have a track blasting out loud and then the satnav woman blurts out her directions, so im happy ive gotten rid of the voice.

Worse with a human navigator :lol:

Worse with a human navigator :lol:

much worse, my missus blurts out directions now just to **** me off.

Looks good!

You made the subwoofer box yourself> you have the dimensions?

I bought the box from a company based in uk, they import it from u.s. not bad for the price, but ebay also do some box's too. Only thing i had to make was the amp rack which i screwed onto the back of the sub box.

Im sure paul (the green z) could give you the dimensions for the box as he made it himself.

Great stuff Monsieur A. B)

How does it sound then - are you happy with it? What speakers are you running up front?

Is there a cover for the amp rack so prying eyes can't see it in the back window?

I reckon all of us with installs need to get together at a meet to have a wee listen to each other's cars...

Great stuff Monsieur A. B)

How does it sound then - are you happy with it? What speakers are you running up front?

Is there a cover for the amp rack so prying eyes can't see it in the back window?

I reckon all of us with installs need to get together at a meet to have a wee listen to each other's cars...

im running infinity reference comps shallow mount's up front and infinity reference co-ax on rears, the sound is great, brilliant clarity and loud punchy bass. i wasnt after mega-bass, so this system is ideal for me.

ive put a cover on, but only so that the wires are covered up and all you can see is the amps. the rear window and sides are tinted, so not many people can see them, but im thinking of getting the acrylic amp covers from auto-acoustics.co.uk, might give the amp rack a touch of class. :thumbs:

it would be nice to see what others have done, most the nutcases on here have very nice installs, it'd make mine look plain.

• 3 months later...

Going back to the sat nav, does anyone know if its possible to fit an aftermarket headunit and retain the voice guidence from the birdview? Im sure there must be a way round it, will start messing about with it when my Zed arrives if no one else has any suggestions. :p

Richard

Going back to the sat nav, does anyone know if its possible to fit an aftermarket headunit and retain the voice guidence from the birdview? Im sure there must be a way round it, will start messing about with it when my Zed arrives if no one else has any suggestions. :p

Richard

Most of the gadgetry is in the unit itself, so if you want voice commands it will have to be part of the new unit AFAIK.