Phone Cradles...

Jacko

Guys I know there must have been countless questions about the phone system in the 350z, but does anyone know for sure whether the kit adheres to any of this?

I've been told that its THB Bury system and as such should accept different cradles, but do we know if its a UNI System 8 VoiceTalk or CarTalk DSP car kit system (or neither)?

Just that if it is then I should be able to get a cradle that fits my phone as the dealers are just crap with this information? :wacko:

Who is the real phone expert then?

:)

unfortunately only Nissan cradles will work with our base unit handsfree. they are encrypted, I'm afraid :(

This has been discussed at lenght on the old forum, lots of people have tried and failed, but of course nothing stops you to try a different approach! :)

unfortunately only Nissan cradles will work with our base unit handsfree. they are encrypted, I'm afraid :(

This has been discussed at lenght on the old forum, lots of people have tried and failed, but of course nothing stops you to try a different approach! :)

Yeah I've just read that somewhere that sells the cradle and that was my concern..... :thumbdown:

Mmmm there has to be a way around this, I wonder where the encryption actually is held, i.e if its in one component of the overall system.....

I'm going to try! :)

I forgot to say...... so that means that if I can't find a way around the encryption that I HAVE to buy a cradle from a Nissan dealer at extortionate rate for a crap phone that I don't have?

Mmmm smashing :thumbdown::dry::fool:

Yeah I know, wouldn't be as bad if I could get a cradle that supports a phone thats within the last decade :yuck:

But guess thats why they changed it to bluetooth for the 06 model, just stuffs the rest of us.... :thumbdown:

i got this back fro Bury today. The BT Nissan i a bluetooth

http://www.thb.de/index.html?lang=en

Dear Mark,

many thanks for your enquiry regarding our Bury product range.

The normal range of cradles doesn´t work on the Nissan base unit, because the baseunit is blocked.

The Adapter BT Nissan is available second week of May.

Here are a list wich cradles are for Nissan Baseunit.

Best regards

Dean Taylor

--Bury-Infoline--

Bury GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Koch-Str. 1-7

32584 Lhne

www.bury.com

i got this back fro Bury today. The BT Nissan i a bluetooth

http://www.thb.de/index.html?lang=en

Dear Mark,

The normal range of cradles doesn´t work on the Nissan base unit, because the baseunit is blocked.

Best regards

Dean Taylor

--Bury-Infoline--

Bury GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Koch-Str. 1-7

32584 Lhne

www.bury.com

Mark,

So does this mean that they are realising a bluetooth adapter cradle for pre-06 models?

Can you please expand?

Mark

If you look at the reply I got from Bury and it look as if there is going to be a Nissan one !

Dear Mark,

Best regards

Dean Taylor

--Bury-Infoline--

Bury GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Koch-Str. 1-7

32584 Lhne

www.bury.com

So this effectively means that I'd have to buy a Nissan cradle (as I don't have one at all). Then put this Bluetooth component in to work with my phone?? Does that sound right? :blush:

So what was the list of cradles that he provided Mark?

Going to have to see how much one is from the local (ripoff) Nissan dealer...... then wonder how much this BT component is going to be....

If you look at the reply I got from Bury and it look as if there is going to be a Nissan one !

Dear Mark,

Best regards

Dean Taylor

--Bury-Infoline--

Bury GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Koch-Str. 1-7

32584 Lhne

www.bury.com

I got that, BUT the issue will remain if you have to purchase it from Nissan anyway, as the cost wil be ridiculous like the cradles :) Hopefully it'll work better though :)

Mark, you're obviously on the ball with this - give us a shout when you've got some more info/prices if you wouldn't mind, if it looks like its gonna work with the existing base unit I'll get involved if the price isn't shocking. From the sounds of things there may be a good few others, might even be able to negotiate a group discount if theres enough numbers involved?

Mark, you're obviously on the ball with this - give us a shout when you've got some more info/prices if you wouldn't mind, if it looks like its gonna work with the existing base unit I'll get involved if the price isn't shocking. From the sounds of things there may be a good few others, might even be able to negotiate a group discount if theres enough numbers involved?

Aye, would also be good to get a ball park figure for this BT adapter as well. Are we going to have to buy it from Nissan or can we go direct etc?

Just so I can work out whether to wait or go the Parrot route..... :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a spot of bother myself and could do with some advice. I have a GT pack with hands-free and I'm trying to order a cradle from my dealer. What a joke trying to sort it out. I have a Nokia 6020, but I've only been given a list of 9 Nokia phones that are suitable for a cradle. The 9 phones are old and crap, and I know there must be more that will fit any of the 3 Nokia cradles, but Nissan are not very helpfull, it's going to take at least 24 hours to email their techy boys. Wow, how difficult can it be, Nokia make over 100 phones, Nissan have a cradle for 9 of them, (More or less obsolete) even though dimensions of my phone are compatible with 2 of the 3 cradles?????

Help a frustrated newbie

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have just purchased a new 350z. The car is fantastic however I am less than impressed with the phone system. I have been informed that I can either find an old phone that fits and works with the cradle or buy a blue tooth system. I am not intereted in buying a blue tooth system when the car is already geared up for a hands free system. Does anybody know where I can buy an up to date cradle from nissan or wherever. I live in Mallorca Spain so it is twice as difficult to get any sense out of my local dealer. Any advise would be much appreciated. B)

I have just purchased a new 350z. The car is fantastic however I am less than impressed with the phone system. I have been informed that I can either find an old phone that fits and works with the cradle or buy a blue tooth system. I am not intereted in buying a blue tooth system when the car is already geared up for a hands free system. Does anybody know where I can buy an up to date cradle from nissan or wherever. I live in Mallorca Spain so it is twice as difficult to get any sense out of my local dealer. Any advise would be much appreciated. B)

John,

Simply put, your options to use the in car system are as follows:-

a) you buy one of the existing 5 or 6 cradles (has to be a Nissan version as the system is encrypted). These only support the old phones that are listed in the FAQs somewhere on this site.. There are NO new cradles for up to date phones.

B) Or you get the new BT adapter which should utilise a phone that supports BT but still through the in car system. Just that the bit that fits in the existing cradle support in the middle box talks to your phone via BT. So you should still be able to answer calls through the in car system.

But so far we don't seem to know whether its released or available yet and what the prices are going to be ......

But I'll be doing some investigation soon as I need to sort this out..... its driving me crazy

I guess thats why the released the BT version so they didn't have to keep releasing cradles etc. :dry: