Phone Cradles...

Jacko

Thanks Jacko

I think I will try to get an old phone for my cradle.

Hi John, if it's a new car the cradle under the arm rest isn't actually a cradle. It's just a cradle socket. You would need to buy a cradle to suit the the mobile.

Sorry can be confusing as it does look like a cradle.

Some pass through on ebay now and again.

Thanks Mike

I only just realised that, I have been trying to ram a phone into what I thought was the cradle. Now I will have to do battle with the Nissan dealer in Mallorca. Imagine trying to explain that to them and also trying to get a result. Anyway I am determined to use the original system even if it means searching for a cradle to go in my cradle. B)

Many thanks for your help

John

Guest prescience

we are expecting the Bluetooth one when its beomes available (June currently :dry:) to be backwards compatible though I believe

we are expecting the Bluetooth one when its beomes available (June currently :dry:) to be backwards compatible though I believe

Ah has it now slipped to June? Last i heard it was May..... surprise, surprise.... :thumbdown:

• 3 weeks later...

Not a BT question, but has anyone tried using one of the nokia upgrade kits available for older CARK series cradles in the Z cradle to allow connection of newer nokia phones?

In theory it might work given that its essentially a bridge between phone and cradle, but wondered if anyone had tried it before buying one.....

:headhurt:

Not a BT question, but has anyone tried using one of the nokia upgrade kits available for older CARK series cradles in the Z cradle to allow connection of newer nokia phones?

In theory it might work given that its essentially a bridge between phone and cradle, but wondered if anyone had tried it before buying one.....

If I'm understanding you correctly, then it won't as the newer cradle to support a newer nokia phone will not work. Thats because the system in the 350z is encrypted and therefore you need to have a Nissan specific cradle installed..... :dry:

That's why we are in this mess. Otherwise we could just buy cradles direct etc to support lots of newer phones...... :thumbdown:

If I'm understanding you correctly, then it won't as the newer cradle to support a newer nokia phone will not work. Thats because the system in the 350z is encrypted and therefore you need to have a Nissan specific cradle installed.....

That's why we are in this mess. Otherwise we could just buy cradles direct etc to support lots of newer phones......

Ah should mmaybe explain further, not talking about changing the cradle, talking about about an add onto the existing cradle which allows you to use a newer phone in an old cradle. If you look on ebay, you'll see what I mean.

I appreciate that the cradle is encrypted and hence has to be a nissan one, which is why if this 'add in' works, it would be ideal to solve the problem!!!!

• 1 month later...
I've seen posts on a forum that the new Bluetooth cradle is now available. Does anybody know this for sure? Does it work with pre-2006 models?

Any information gratefully received.

:thumbs:

Ermmmm yeah. There is loads about them on here.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2272&start=60

A load of us have bought them and they work fine...... Mr F or Holdcrofts both supply them depending on stock.

I have one on my 04 coupe..... works a treat. :thumbs: