CD head unit stuck - anyone able to help?

dastardly

Hi all, my Bose Nissan Radio with integrated 6 CD changer is broken. A CD has become jammed in it and now it won't insert, eject or play any CDs. As my warranty expired (on the same day as the issue) Wessex Nissan in Cardiff said that I should pay £1000 for a new one, even though they didn't remove the existing one to look at the fault in greater detail!

Has this happenend to anyone else, is it a common fault? Does anyone know a simple solution or somewhere I can buy the standard CD radio at a reasonable price?

Oh no sorry to hear that -

I can only suggest you either try to remove the unit from the car yourself and take the lid off there might be a way then to remove the CD but best thing is to go to these indepentant audio supply and fit shops - they are bound to help you with that - I think its a Clarion unit in Zeds?

(Dare I say it as much as I dont like then - even Halfords would probably be able to help?) :)

No more advice other than what Stan says. Welcome to the forum bud and sorry your first post couldnt be happier.

The only positive spin I can put on this is that the Bose unt, although being the upgraded model isnt that popular so it would be a good chance to get something a little better. Plenty of guys on here have done this and one will be along soon.

Best of luck :)

Firstly, welcome, welcome, welcome !

Only had that problem on a Lexus and it was one of the two problems I had with it, it had to go back as they had no way in.

Worth trying another dealer, you never know they aren't all quite the same, especially if form a different group.

I had a CD stuck once. Had 6 CD's in the unit. Ejected number 6 and loaded another into. The CD disappeared but the unit still played. Said I had 5 CD's in it. Repeated ejecting of all CD's and eventually it ejected itself.

Thanks for the advice and the welcomes. I have a friend of a friend who is an electrics expert giving it the once over tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Best of luck with it. They are really a pain when they go wrong. Get a nice bi Zorst on and you will forget about it ;)