Anglesey Run out -Reccie mission 7/8 June? (Nano meet)

stanski

Hi - I fancy a reccie mission to Anglesey prior to maybe a proper event up there?

So was wondering if anyone fancied a trip out either Saturday 7 or Sunday 8 th June???

Just something quick and dirty - have a run out and see what the roads are like and stop off somewhere for a sticky bun and a cuppa ?

Hav'nt been there for ages so any local knowledge greatfully received?

Stan :thumbs:

(My brakes should be sorted by then also! ;) )

Not been up that way for a while, but from what I remember it's not a place to go fast. Cops and speed camera's all over the place, a fair few decent roads but they are mainly single track and I nearly grounded the wife's Verso a couple of times which has a much higher ride height than my Zed.

The locals all know the width of their cars and don't slow down to get through small gaps and will start cursing you if you faff about when they can see there is lots of room. Ditches at the side of lots of roads.

You could have a lot of fun on the back roads as long as you don't meet anybody coming the other way and don't overcook it :) Also lots of beaches which is nice if it's a sunny day.

Bear in mind that I haven't been up there since last year and don't go up as regularly as I should (grandfather lives up there) so it may have changed a bit since the last time. The drive up can be stunning if you go along the A55, a large percentage of it is right next to the coastline and on a windy day you can see the sea heaving away to the right as you zoom along.

Not been up that way for a while, but from what I remember it's not a place to go fast. Cops and speed camera's all over the place, a fair few decent roads but they are mainly single track and I nearly grounded the wife's Verso a couple of times which has a much higher ride height than my Zed.

The locals all know the width of their cars and don't slow down to get through small gaps and will start cursing you if you faff about when they can see there is lots of room. Ditches at the side of lots of roads.

You could have a lot of fun on the back roads as long as you don't meet anybody coming the other way and don't overcook it Also lots of beaches which is nice if it's a sunny day.

Bear in mind that I haven't been up there since last year and don't go up as regularly as I should (grandfather lives up there) so it may have changed a bit since the last time. The drive up can be stunning if you go along the A55, a large percentage of it is right next to the coastline and on a windy day you can see the sea heaving away to the right as you zoom along.

Thanks for all that information - I was'nt intending a race meet maybe a more scenic run - with some twisty bits thrown in for fun either prior to or after Anglesey???

Anyway its a fact finding mission - if ya doont goo ya wooont noo kinda thing! :lol: