Yet another tax on the motorist...

Kennydies

Wnating to charge up to £350 a year for you to park at work:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

I already have to pay £300 a year to park at work.

Think I will keep a list of all these stealth tax ideas. Everyone is always after the motorist.

I read somewhere that if public transport had an increase of 3% of passengers it would fall over...

I think we should pool together all of our money and send it in a cheque to Gordon and Alastair - cos they're gonna get it all off us anyway :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I would love to get public transport if it wasn't just a peasant wagon, always delayed, never at the time I need it, full to the brim with tramps, p**s heads, scrotes and didn't cost more than the petrol to work in my z! :rant::rant:

They need to persuade you out of your car with lowere public transport costs not riase the cost of motoring to make public transport look better.

A day peak return ticket on the train from Bournemoth to London is £78. I can fly to moscow for that...

When I was looking for Z I hired a car to look at one in York. I picked up a Golf, had it overnight, drove up to York and dropped it off and got a train from york to London. The train fare was more expensive than me hiring the car.

I am hiring a care and driving from Miami to Dallas in Sept. Car and insurance is only £700 for 3 weeks. Sigh!

They have bancrupt the country and need money fast.

After the recent 10% balls up they cant put up taxe.

People who have cars have money. People who have big cars are perceived too have more money. Stealth robbery is the only way forward for them.

This will continue until they get well and truly hammered in the next election. Feel sorry for whoever is next when they check the accounts. :headhurt:

They have bancrupt the country and need money fast.

After the recent 10% balls up they cant put up taxe.

People who have cars have money. People who have big cars are perceived too have more money. Stealth robbery is the only way forward for them.

This will continue until they get well and truly hammered in the next election. Feel sorry for whoever is next when they check the accounts. :headhurt:

Ah but they have put up tax in a very cunning way. They have given an increase of £600 to your tax free allowance, but they have also lowered the higher rate tax band so that anybody near that tax band will loose out by paying more tax.

This increase of £600 to your tax free allowance has only been made for this year, so next year it will disappear (unless they do it again because it is an election year). Do you think they will raise the higher rate tax band again? I don't.

The only people who are going to benefit from this are really low earners (think less than £10,000 a year low), and even then they are going to get screwed next year.

They have borrowed a large amount of money this year to make it look like they are listening to us and are really nice people by reducing tax, I'm willing to bet that if you work it all out though they are probably breaking even this year and will be netting a healthy increase next year, or maybe I'm just cynical.....