My New Toy (MTB Bike)

Chris`I

In an effort to get fit, I got this baby off some chap on eBay last night. Its only 2 months old and got a nice chunky lock thrown in for good measure with a couple of hundred quid of the original price he paid. Been some 5 or 6 years since I last did XC riding and my god the bikes have come a long way! Everything is so light and presice, it makes me feel rather crap at riding again!

Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc 2008:

(images stolen from eBay!)

1d3c_1.JPG

1e08_1.JPG

1f80_1.JPG

1bc2_1.JPG

Anyone else into XC/trails/free ride?

I'm now currently on a mission to get a bike rack for the Zed :ninja:

Me too, looking forward to a few 7stanes trips once i get back home.

The Spesh looks good, hope you get some good use out of it. Any good trails down your way?

Currently got a '05 Giant XTC2, with some better forks and a shorter stem.

Here it is in my hotel room/home at the minute, looking a bit grubby! :D Only cost 30euros to bing it on the plane with KLM.

Image168.jpg

Me too, looking forward to a few 7stanes trips once i get back home.

The Spesh looks good, hope you get some good use out of it. Any good trails down your way?

I think there are quite a few a short drive away. Just need to get a bike rack sorted :thumbs: On the doorstep there isnt that much tbh, but enough countryside for me to keep fit with doing a few hours a week.

Yeah, that's why I'm probably gonna keep the old Polo after i get the Zed. As previous owners have found out, Zeds don't carry bikes very well.

I would recommend investing in a good roof rack if you have another car, i've only got a Halfrauds rear rack, and it forces me to access the boot via the rear seats :dry:

Yeah, that's why I'm probably gonna keep the old Polo after i get the Zed. As previous owners have found out, Zeds don't carry bikes very well.

I would recommend investing in a good roof rack if you have another car, i've only got a Halfrauds rear rack, and it forces me to access the boot via the rear seats :dry:

Prefer the tow-bar mounted solutions myself. Eliminates the possibilty of car park height restriction barrier related disasters! :scare: They are quite expensive though

The Scooby is a great mtb accessory though - 4WD, loads of space and tough as old boots. I lived in New Zealand a few years ago and everybody who was into mtb/surfing/skiing etc. had a Legacy estate

Yeah I would love to have a work horse to cart the bike about and not the Zed but another car is just not feasible. The missus is looking at getting a new car though, so trying to sway her away from sports cars and towards ones that will take a bike rack :ninja:

Yeah I would love to have a work horse to cart the bike about and not the Zed but another car is just not feasible. The missus is looking at getting a new car though, so trying to sway her away from sports cars and towards ones that will take a bike rack :ninja:

Need a peg and some cardboard in the front wheel mate :D

You're showing your age now Martin :D

You're showing your age now Martin :D

Coke can on the back tyre gives a better motorbike sound to it :lol: