Lotus/ Spyker Deal

Kev946

• 3 weeks later...
It would certainly seem so. It will be interesting to see if comparisons between the marques start to creep in. Love the look of Spyker.

The Spykers I've seen have been :yuck:

I think the benefits will be more than skin deep. Lotus don't need any help in styling a car...IMHO of course... ;)

It would certainly seem so. It will be interesting to see if comparisons between the marques start to creep in. Love the look of Spyker.

I think the benefits will be more than skin deep. Lotus don't need any help in styling a car...IMHO of course... ;)

Agree with you there Kev, but they could certainly learn to improve in the quality control department from my experience.

Agree with you there Kev, but they could certainly learn to improve in the quality control department from my experience.

Well I'm delighted with my Exige. No warranty issues and it's all put together very well. Not even any niggling rattles, which is amazing for this type of car. I think they had issues on the earlier S1 cars.

Well I'm delighted with my Exige. No warranty issues and it's all put together very well. Not even any niggling rattles, which is amazing for this type of car. I think they had issues on the earlier S1 cars.

Then you should count yourself very lucky Kev. From my experience (and I used to work for them) they've had issues with every model they have produced starting with the Elite from the 1960's. A friend of mine has just sold his 07 Exige after it had had a replacement gearbox, paint issues and faulty rear light units that never worked fully from day 1.

Then you should count yourself very lucky Kev. From my experience (and I used to work for them) they've had issues with every model they have produced starting with the Elite from the 1960's. A friend of mine has just sold his 07 Exige after it had had a replacement gearbox, paint issues and faulty rear light units that never worked fully from day 1.

Dodgy cars just seem like luck of the draw. My G never missed a beat across 9000 miles in 7 months and I used it everyday on short journeys, motorways, rain snow you name it. However, there are people on PH who have had clutches burn out it 300 miles and no end of other problems. The zed is the sam imo. There was a member on here, K2006 i think, he bought one new (i think) had no end of problems and sold up for a diesel Mondeo :scare:

Dodgy cars just seem like luck of the draw. My G never missed a beat across 9000 miles in 7 months and I used it everyday on short journeys, motorways, rain snow you name it. However, there are people on PH who have had clutches burn out it 300 miles and no end of other problems. The zed is the sam imo. There was a member on here, K2006 i think, he bought one new (i think) had no end of problems and sold up for a diesel Mondeo :scare:

Some marques seem to have more dodgy cars than others though. Incredibly, there are some TVRs that run like clockwork. On the other hand the number of Zeds with serious problems seems pretty low.

Some marques seem to have more dodgy cars than others though. Incredibly, there are some TVRs that run like clockwork. On the other hand the number of Zeds with serious problems seems pretty low.

Yeah, percentages will differ across the marques, I was saying that its luck of the draw sometimes. You could be unlucky and buy the 1 in a 100 zeds thats a lemon. You can try to stick to cars with a reputation for reliability but that still doesn't safeguard you. :)

As an aside, I never quite understand why people are so anal about low mileage cars. I'd much rather buy a higher mileage car (at the right price) than spend more on a lower mileage. At least the higher mileage car has been on the road long enough to do the miles. :D

Lotus and TVR's are both hand built, so if one of the guys putting it together was having a off day, bad cury the night before, (can they get curry in Norfolk.....:lol:

Mine was built by the A Team on a good day... :lol:

Now I've said that i'll be plague with issues... :lol:

A replacement for the Cossie maybe Kev??

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/549132.htm

I would if I could sell the Cossie. It owes me so much I'm never likely to sell it in one piece. It's back on the road though and I'm looking for a track evening as a shake down since it never got on track in 2007. Everything seems to be running well though, apart from clutch showing signs of wear and rear diff chattering when hot....but otherwise OK... :lol:

• 1 month later...

Its all about how many units sold at the end of the day, the more they sell the more problems that will occur seeing as you only ever here about the problems. Many people join car club forums just to solve there problems, from what ive seen we are quite lucky as the 350Z on a whole does not seem too bad. :thumbs: