Antifreeze & Fuel Filter

seasider

Hi,

I have just had my 350 in for the 45k service. On checking my service book I have noticed that it mentions two additional service items at the 36k service that I had not seen before.

Antifreeze change - 36k

Fuel Filter - 3k (maintenance free on 350z, does this mean nothing needs doing?)

My question is surely they should have mentioned these at the 36k service and asked if I wanted them doing.

Secondly how much would these typically cost and would you advise them?

Cheers,

Glenn

Hi Glenn, welcome to the site. Intorduce yourself with some pics..... ;):)

AFAIK the Zed doesn't have a fuel filter as such, so it wouldn't apply. Antifreeze change should be cost of antifreeze and not much more. The 36k service is a P3 which is the biggest of all, but this service schedule does apply to other Nissan models, not just the Zed.

Hi Glen and welcome to the forum. Am on a slow link at the moment so would take ages to copy the limks. Plenty of info in the FAQ and Guides sections.

As H5 says stick a post in the intro section with a few oics of the zed if possible :D

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcolme. I will get some pics added asap.

I have spoken to the garage and they say they check the antifreeze at the service and only recommend it if it needs changing. This does not sound right to me. I have read that you cannot test for the anti-corrosion abilities of the antifreeze.

For me they should have raised this at 36k for changing and even should have noticed at 45k (when I did :blush: )

Before I go and kick off with them I am getting all my facts in order :-)

Glenn

Kind of got this one sorted now. The garage have admitted they were at fault for not asking me about the change at 36k miles. They have agreed to do the work for just the cost of parts without any labour so i am thinking this will bring it down from the £53 they quoted to perhaps £10-£15.