Bilstein B8

MONKEYSOCKS

Be happy you not running 35 profile tyres eek state of the roads are horrendous. I have WAT Racing coilovers with 40 way adjustable damping and still avoid potholes wherever possible. 

Just now, davey_83 said:

Be happy you not running 35 profile tyres eek state of the roads are horrendous. I have WAT Racing coilovers with 40 way adjustable damping and still avoid potholes wherever possible. 

Agreed, roads are getting worse. Constantly have my eyes on surface of the road when I'm driving. Would the B8's be even harsher over bumps than stock though? 

3 hours ago, MONKEYSOCKS said:

Agreed, roads are getting worse. Constantly have my eyes on surface of the road when I'm driving. Would the B8's be even harsher over bumps than stock though? 

Really don't know as can't speak from experience. I aim looking to raise my car up 12-15mm before the Anglesey drive as can't enjoy the car on roads I don't know due to the condition. 

I've replaced my rear shocks and top mounts for KYB shocks. I must say no issues with bumps but the car is stiffer. I haven't driven other Zeds but I think it's just how they are.

I would say swap out the springs

4 hours ago, FossilFish said:

I've replaced my rear shocks and top mounts for KYB shocks. I must say no issues with bumps but the car is stiffer. I haven't driven other Zeds but I think it's just how they are.

I would say swap out the springs

Just had Tein springs fitted, and Tarmacsportz rear camber arms, with full wheel alignment done. Whiteline arbs and droplinks, front & rear ultra racing braces with new kidney braces, invidia exhaust and cobra hfc's fitted. Can't be alot else that's left that could be making a knocking from the rear other than the shocks 😆. Going in for service tomorrow so hopefully I'll find out if it is the rear shocks. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FossilFish said:

Saw this thread but not sure what part he is referring to.

Cheers for that, but turns out it's the exhaust knocking on the plastic cover on the diff. Unfortunately I'll have to put up with it, as it must protect the diff from stone chips. 

• Like 1