disaster

flirt

Dont normally take the z to work, but decided as its so nice to cruise in the sunshine! however half way to work I lost all performance, dont think ive blown a turbo but could be just a pipe clip come off as there seems to be no pressure in the system.

if its something big i wont be able to come wales :( unless you want me to follow in the fiesta! lol

will check it out tonight :angry:

That's not a good sign. However you can take out the turbo I'd do that to check the blades. They may be stuck or broken. Failing that like you say its probably a loose pipe or fitting.

The same happened to my mate who turbo'd his mg and it turned out to be the blades that were stuck.

Guest prescience
That's not a good sign. However you can take out the turbo I'd do that to check the blades. They may be stuck or broken. Failing that like you say its probably a loose pipe or fitting.

There are 2 of them and it's NOT an easy job!!! ;)

Good luck on this, but if you still have all your oil, hopefully you should be OK :)

yea seemed to run fine, no noise or smell or smoke. just as if there was a switch to turn off the turbo.

will give it a health check later. was due for a oil change friday before wales run, only changed in Jan and not done many miles in it due to weather so should be fine.

yep defently the crank sensor gone, im booked in under warrenty but cant get me in until Monday - so im out of the wales run with my car! got room booked which i cant cancel so may well come up with a mate and say hi

unless they are only 20 quid and someone can get hold of it and its easy to fit!

:(

Dont normally take the z to work, but decided as its so nice to cruise in the sunshine! however half way to work I lost all performance, dont think ive blown a turbo but could be just a pipe clip come off as there seems to be no pressure in the system.

if its something big i wont be able to come wales :( unless you want me to follow in the fiesta! lol

will check it out tonight :angry:

Is that your way of getting out of us girls showing up your drving skills :lol:

yep defently the crank sensor gone, im booked in under warrenty but cant get me in until Monday - so im out of the wales run with my car! got room booked which i cant cancel so may well come up with a mate and say hi

unless they are only 20 quid and someone can get hold of it and its easy to fit!

Take it another garage!!!!

That is northern slang for

There may be a possibility that another garage can do the work for you. Perhaps try calling around and seeing if there are any other garages who can fit you in sooner :thumbs:

;)

There may be a possibility that another garage can do the work for you. Perhaps try calling around and seeing if there are any other garages who can fit you in sooner :thumbs:

;)

Ha ha, but wouldnt know, i'm a Londoner !!!!

;)

Ha ha, but wouldnt know, i'm a Londoner !!!!

Thats what they all say ;)

Would a crank sensor kill all boost though? Not having seen the car or kit in question and I'm far from an expert at the VQ35DE engine, but the symptoms sound more like one of the pipes post-turbo but before the TB have popped off: At least, that's what I've had before on previous aftermarket turbo'd cars. If this had happened, then would the car going lean off-boost/rich on-boost cause the crank sensor failure?

Sorry, not trying to sound like a know-it-all-Nancy here or anything, I'm genuinely interested as to what caused the failure as going FI is something I'm looking at for the future of my own car, and I'm more experienced with turbos than superchargers so that's probably the route I'd take. Just eager to learn, that's all! :D

whooooooo back in the game....

located one arrives friday.. will look for a garage tomorrow. hope this is the solution to the lack of power. im not a crack sensor expert!

Great news was looking forward to seeing how your ZED performs in Wales. :thumbs:

Drop a pm to Beavis, we were expolring an option for you getting the job done elsewhere

BTW, love the deliberate typo :lol:

Guest prescience

Do you have Unichip EMS - pretty sure there was an issue with the crank angle sensor wire needing to be shielded - which it should be - with APS. APS got this on their development car and were never able to track down the cause, but potentially the noisy signal caused timing problems - which would be a major disaster.

Something to consider and I would check out the US boards for this :)

Do you have Unichip EMS - pretty sure there was an issue with the crank angle sensor wire needing to be shielded - which it should be - with APS. APS got this on their development car and were never able to track down the cause, but potentially the noisy signal caused timing problems - which would be a major disaster.

Something to consider and I would check out the US boards for this :)

your quite correct, finally had chance last night to work it out. I need to take the car to poddington sat to have the crank angle sensor replaced. the reason nissan are spotting a problem is because they take the original sensor out! so ive got a mission to northamps sat am, then mission back to brum pack bags then up to chester! if they can fix the issue!

btw this is the 1st issue ive had with the system since last may.