R8 V10 Oil Change Costs...How much?!

GranTurismoEra

• GranTurismoEra changed the title to R8 V10 Oil Change Costs...How much?!

Lol nahh...You can get it for a year or two and look into the V10?! Sounds crazy ...but my older brother and his wife were paying something crazy for his 911. I reckon these will go back up slightly. Maybe allowing an opportunity. Unfortunately V10 went back up slightly. 

The guy in the video claims he would do it for £180. He says that now till a bunch of R8s start turning up. That will change to £400 really quick.

No one can dispute Haldex, Mag Ride faults, Transmission service costs they are what they are on these cars. Warranty for mag ride and engine out jobs.... and Service plans could be costly but for peace of mind

Been watching prices for the last couple of months, they are steady falling including the V10s, suspect they will into 2023 but betting they start going up from 2024, maybe good time to buy 🤔

Always buy service plan on these types of cars, not cheap but find you can get them with MOTs and sometime covering cost for failures if not wear.

Did look at the audi warranty, now that is steep, particularly to cover everything and no excess!

Third party companies like EMAC can be a good alternative. All about reading the small print. Many of these companies try to be smart not covering certain parts.

I saw back in 2020 warranty was around £2000 direct from Audi. What is it now with no excess?

Can give EMAC a ring and compare. Obviously nothing is better than going direct! How long are you planning on keeping the car?

Edited by GranTurismoEra

In a V10 R8 youre buying a car that retailed for £85K in 2008, running costs arent going to be a highlight :lol: 

£500 for an oil change isnt terrible when you compare with any Ferrari or Porsche and unsurprisingly tyres, brakes and clutches on 180mph cars arent going to come cheap either, as it happens Ive just bought tyres and brake pads for my Camaro, all told £3400 (about the same as an F355 3 years service with no surprises) ........ but if you want to go past GT3RS's thats what you have to pay, Toyo Proxes and a set of Yellowstuff arent going to cut the mustard. 

As has been said elsewhere, if you want one then go for it, the experience *should* outweigh the increased running costs, the noise definitely does :lol:  

Good point. It is what it is....We know how much needs to be budgeted on these cars. 

On the Z I accept is a £2000 jobbie for proper tires and brakes befitting the car. Just dont tell me its £700 for an oil change because you thought it was a Porsche.....when its a similar simplicity to the R8....less than 1hr lol...and its probably not there best mech on the job who will drink tea and shoot darts in the backyard for the rest of the time charged on a Friday. Ill accept £400 quid (3hours+disposal) from Milton Keynes Audi is reasonable as commented...not £700 from London lol. Sure Ferrari is Ferrari....£1200 drain is not a biggie in a £250k car

Quick Oil air filter changes 700 pounds give me, ill call out a mech pay him £150 and keep the rest. Ill even top up half tank E5 and still have enough to place bet on City winning the league. Thanks Lol

Edited by GranTurismoEra