Fitting a Pioneer SPH-DA360DAB in a HR

STmichael

Hello, just after a little advice. I am thinking of purchasing the above head unit but I am a little confused about the facia surround and harness required for the steering controls. I’ve been on different websites and I am not sure if there is a difference between the earlier and HR models. It is a base model without the Bose upgrade but I do not think that would make a difference regarding the wiring adapters for the controls. Any links to the correct parts would be fully appreciated.

Also what’s the best solution regarding the DAB aerial?

I contacted Incartec and they supplied a full list of items required for the install to maintain the steering wheel controls etc. I am now thinking of putting a revering camera on the car at the same time. I do not like the look of the Pioneer camera as it looks too after market. I would prefer something that looks more OEM if you know what I mean. Does anyone have any recommendations and possibly a photo showing the camera installed. 
On yet another note going back to the aerial. If I am running a cable to the rear of the car could I run a coaxial cable directly to the aerial on the rear wing bypassing the amplifier and then fit a splitter so I could use the original aerial for both DAB and FM reception? I would of thought one of you guys would have tried this😁

33 minutes ago, STmichael said:

I contacted Incartec and they supplied a full list of items required for the install to maintain the steering wheel controls etc. I am now thinking of putting a revering camera on the car at the same time. I do not like the look of the Pioneer camera as it looks too after market. I would prefer something that looks more OEM if you know what I mean. Does anyone have any recommendations and possibly a photo showing the camera installed. 
On yet another note going back to the aerial. If I am running a cable to the rear of the car could I run a coaxial cable directly to the aerial on the rear wing bypassing the amplifier and then fit a splitter so I could use the original aerial for both DAB and FM reception? I would of thought one of you guys would have tried this😁

Do FM aerials do the same job as DAB ones? The aftermarket DAB antenna always look completely different. Assuming you're going for an Android Auto/CarPlay headunit, won't life be easier just using apps/the internet for radio?

I do not know the answer to that but the bits I’ve read and YT vids suggest you can but not with an amplified aerial as it filters out the high frequencies DAB operates on but you do then need a splitter. I’m sure someone will come along with more knowledge on the subject than me. 

• Like 1