Seat swap - different power and airbag connectors! argh

TheRedEye

Hi

I've just done a seat swap, putting black leather heated seats from an 08 convertible into a 05 coupe which had tan leather heated seats. The seats went in fine (same mountings) and the power connector for the driver seat was a match. However, the airbag connectors for both seats are different (smaller block on the seat loom), and so is the power connector for the passenger seat (much larger block on the seat loom). I noticed that the passenger seat has no manual controls for reclining, it's all powered which would explain the need for a larger block.

Does anyone know if there is a conversion kit / adaptors, or any way I can get these matching and connected?

I have searched the forum but can't find an answer. If you can help that would be great.

image_2022-08-27_132218102.png

Edited by TheRedEye

As you have discovered the electrics are different between the coupe and the roadster.

The roadster also have controls on the rear of the seat.

The roadster seats also have an auto electrical mechanism which slightly tilts the passenger seat when the roof is operated.

Best to swop like for like to save all the aggro.

The HR electrics are also different to the DE, as are UK model and JDM.

I am not saying that it can't be done, but there is no conversion kit for this as far as I know.

gutted - I've put lots of effort in getting these low mileage seats looking mint. I'm not a quitter so I'm going to persevere. I'll have the car loom plugs in a few days, and see if there is a way I can replace my current plugs with these to get the basics working - airbags, seatbelt, and power movement for the passenger seats. I'm not bothered about the heated seats (never used it anyway) or any of the other features the roadster seats have.  I'm sure there will be some wiring diagrams knocking about I can use to start with.