Plenum spacers!?!? Basic info please.

funkymofo

Plenum spacers......excuse my lack of knowledge but what are they, what do they do for poerformance and how do they do it? Also who make them, where can I buy them (bigphil per chance? :p ) and how much.

At a guess I would say its some sort of device to effectively increase the capacity of the inlet manifold? But thats just guess work, it took me a weekto realise a pop charger was just a fancy name for an induction kit :lol:

cheers Phil :)

Anyone have one of these fitted? Would you reccomend it? Are the 10hp gains far fetched or is that actually the case? I dont really care about numbers though, if it offers better mid range performance that would be fab!

I had one fitted by our man Phil, and yes it does indeed improve mid range, on the butt dyno at least. I wouldnt say it gives a massive increase, but its certainly feelable and one of the few mods the ECU doesnt cancel out :thumbs:

I got one to mate from Big Phil, really glad I purchased it, makes the note of the exhaust deeper too imo. I had one before but it was an atmospheric one which is really for forced induction so I was loosing out, but Phils ones are spot on :thumbs:

Have spoken to Chris and Mark (3FIDDYZ) who both have one fitted and it does seem to make a difference. IIRC 3FIDDY also has the Motordyne 5/16th fitted. Should be on the list. :thumbs:

Have spoken to Chris and Mark (3FIDDYZ) who both have one fitted and it does seem to make a difference. IIRC 3FIDDY also has the Motordyne 5/16th fitted. Should be on the list. :thumbs:

I have the Motordyne 5/16th :thumbs:

Anyone have one of these fitted? Would you reccomend it? Are the 10hp gains far fetched or is that actually the case? I dont really care about numbers though, if it offers better mid range performance that would be fab!

I had one fitted by our man Phil, and yes it does indeed improve mid range, on the butt dyno at least. I wouldnt say it gives a massive increase, but its certainly feelable and one of the few mods the ECU doesnt cancel out :thumbs:

I have the Motordyne 5/16 spacer coupled with a Motordyne MREV2 Lower Collector. Both do improve mid range torque but I'm doubtful that you will see any gains in BHP as the ECU does negate any advertised power gains IMHO. The Lower Collector will further improve airflow to Nos. 1&2 cylinders on REVUP engines only. The only effective way to get full advantage of bolt-on mods is to get a ECU re-flash or send the ECU away.However do the moderate power gains to be had justify the costs involved in upgrading the ECU??

Kevin at Envy Performance was looking into offering a ECU reflash service some time back but not sure what the outcome was.

You can go to 1/2 spacer but this will require a modified strut bar to clear the plenum.

I have the Motordyne 5/16 spacer coupled with a Motordyne MREV2 Lower Collector. Both do improve mid range torque but I'm doubtful that you will see any gains in BHP as the ECU does negate any advertised power gains IMHO. The Lower Collector will further improve airflow to Nos. 1&2 cylinders on REVUP engines only. The only effective way to get full advantage of bolt-on mods is to get a ECU re-flash or send the ECU away.However do the moderate power gains to be had justify the costs involved in upgrading the ECU??

Kevin at Envy Performance was looking into offering a ECU reflash service some time back but not sure what the outcome was.

You can go to 1/2 spacer but this will require a modified strut bar to clear the plenum.

No gain from the 1/2'' over the 5/16th

No gain from the 1/2'' over the 5/16th

iirc you cant fit the oem strut brace with a 1/2"

Not sure how much the MREV's help on an 04 car.

And no the strut wont fit on the 1/2 but you can get an aftermarket one...

If your engine is the 300PS (296) model it's the REVUP engine. If it's the older 276 engine the MREV2 will be of no benefit and therefore a waste of money.

Not sure how much the MREV's help on an 04 car.

And no the strut wont fit on the 1/2 but you can get an aftermarket one...

If your engine is the 300PS (296) model it's the REVUP engine. If it's the older 276 engine the MREV2 will be of no benefit and therefore a waste of money.

No further info needed..... Buy one, enjoy the extra power / noise / torque... The end.... :D

Oh, and they do improve BHP, only sure thing that will...

thats the kind of answer I like! :teeth:

Will be in touch soon big phil :yahoo: