Bloody Indicators

Dicky

I know it’s been more than a while but I said Id get back on this one. Well the auto electrician who said there was a mod for this problem didn’t come through. Ive chased him long enough but he keeps fobbing me off. Guess there isn’t one.

Anyway I recon Ive solved the problem myself. Its not the most elegant solution but its cheap, easy to fit and works a treat.

I used two Radio Spares audible alarms (small things which take milliamps of current to operate) and connected one to each rear indicator, I said it was simple. The type I used allows various sounds depending on the setting of a little duel in line switch.

When the indicators are on I can hear the “beepâ€

It’s the LH indicator on mine that’s the main problem to. The root cause is obviously the cancelling mechanism on the column but had a go at getting in to look at it and gave up, it looks to be a nightmare, hence the mod.

I fitted a couple of RS 626-141 piezo sounders I acquired long ago; however the part number seems to still be valid with RS.

The current model doesn’t seem to have the duel in line switches mounted on the back like mine however it doesn’t really matter all you need is a constant tone at a suitable dB level, mines around 100dB.

I’ve mounted them in the boot next to the polystyrene structures on either side near the indicator wiring, so when the spare wheel’s in position and the various top covers are on as well as the tonneau cover, I’m not sure this is the optimum position following trials. When my daughter is in and has the music on at around level 15 they are difficult to hear, so I’m looking to move mine. I just stuck them in with sticky pads to try the position first and if moved closer you can put a sticky label over the to calm them down if required (mine have a volume control as well don’t know about the current model).

Hears photos of mine (if I can get them loaded)

On this subject - does anyone have a problem that when they have their lights on and go to indicate, it's quite easy to roll the headlight switch at the same time by accident and just turn them off. I've done this a couple of times now!

I've been blasting along dark country roads a few times and rolled the lights off by accident...... It's not really handy at all when traveling along the road.