SifuSteve

Mishimoto Oil Catch Can contents. What's 'normal' for a DE Rev-up?

As above, I emptied the contents of my catch can after about 1200 miles. I got about 20-25mls of that delicious oil/petrol sludge mix. Given the engine has done 130K miles, is this unusual? I've seen a few 'uncanning' videos on YouTube but they're all for shiny new GTRs and the like. They seem to get about half as much, tops.

On a side note, I wasn't expected it to make the engine sound so much better. It has its notable growl back that it lost after 8 months of neglect. :D

19 hours ago, SifuSteve said:

As above, I emptied the contents of my catch can after about 1200 miles. I got about 20-25mls of that delicious oil/petrol sludge mix. Given the engine has done 130K miles, is this unusual? I've seen a few 'uncanning' videos on YouTube but they're all for shiny new GTRs and the like. They seem to get about half as much, tops.

On a side note, I wasn't expected it to make the engine sound so much better. It has its notable growl back that it lost after 8 months of neglect. :D

Have you changed the rocker covers? I'm definitely burning less oil with new covers (Which include a new pcv valve)

It's as best as I can measure - I kept the contents, for posterity, in a 250ml vape juice bottle and it's only about 10-15% full. It's really not much, but it's at least double the amount I've seen elsewhere for 1000 miles.

@MDMetal I've been wanting to give my engine some TLC and wasn't sure where to start. Your comment led me on a quest of understanding that makes me think that such an undertaking is either woefully overdue or, if it turns out 25ml is surprisingly low, has already been undertaken by a previous owner.

It may be that a new roof and spoiler have to compete for second place against a rocker replacement. 

16033219944264130468015428046483.jpg