OEM clutch line removal

Ry-B

C48A8EDA-1BC5-4617-B48E-48DACE2E8DEC.jpeg.d700298048c4ee4a367e9c881bd11329.jpeg

Hi all,

Replacing the slave cylinder and also swapping to a stainless steel line, hit a bit of an issue trying to get the OEM line off from the hard pipe, I’ve got the clip off but assume it’s threaded with the 10mm nut which I can’t get to budge . 

Any advice on how to do it? 

Many thanks 

4 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Sorry to hear this, put the clip back on as this will support the hard pipe as you try to slacken it off. 

Thanks Dave, managed to get there in the end but did put up quite a fight, now having the fun task of trying to bleed the clutch which of course isn't going to plan :D

10 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Good you got the old one off. I struggled greatly to bleed the new slave cylinder, ending up having to prime the cylinder then fit it. 

5acdce56bd741_IMG_20180408_1310049122.jpg.b9765a3eddd7ab72f78e2805b79a29df.jpg

I was able to build some pressure yesterday ended up jamming the clutch pedal down with a bit a wood overnight. That seems to have helped and have just spend the last two hours bleeding it doing 5 pumps, crack the nipple, waiting 5-10 seconds then repeating.

Seems to be holding the pressure now after cracking the nipple and there is no air coming out, only get a dribble of fluid out though which isn't what quite what I expected as I thought it would flow a bit more but as there is no air I believe it is all good