Bluetooth Adaptor - Included or Not

M13KYF

If buying a new 350Z make sure that the bluetooth adaptor is included. The car is wired for this but the adaptor is a seperate little bit that is fitted in the little cubby hole under the armrest.

If buying a second hand 350Z try and ensure that the car comes with the bluetooth adaptor. These became standard equipment from MY06. If it hasn't got one then what has probably happened is that the previous owner has sold the bluetooth adaptor separately on somewhere like ebay after selling the car. The dealers are under no obligation to re supply another bluetooth adaptor. I reckon sadly that you'll have to purchase one separately. As said before try MJP or Holdcroft. See the forum discount section for more info.

Guest prescience
If buying a new 350Z make sure that the bluetooth adaptor is included. The car is wired for this but the adaptor is a seperate little bit that is fitted in the little cubby hole under the armrest.

In this case, a picture could save a thousand words - if someone has a good one, maybe it could be provided for inclusion above, then this redundant post can be deleted

cradle looks like this which is what the bluetooth adaptor sits in

Cradle.jpg

and with the adaptor fitted

CradleAdaptor.jpg

Bluetooth adaptor looks like this

bluettothadaptor.jpg

happy now dorian, some of us have work to do ;)

Guest prescience

happy now dorian, some of us have work to do ;)

Nice one :teeth:

BTW you distracted yourself away from your 'work' (ie swinging in your hammock reading the paper) to do this :lol::lol:

ps you can delete this one as well :lol:

if you haven't got the cradle then you need the Phone kit, it is an option so it's pre-wired with mic, antenna and steering controls but missing the necessary control box under the glove box and the cradle. Both parts come as a package using the part number KE283-CDU01

KE283CDU01.jpg

• 3 months later...

Cheers for the useful info. Went to look at my future purchase the weekend. Mentioned the BT adaptor to be told by the sales guy that they weren't standard :wacko: . Anyway, filled with confidence from information from this forum, I proceeded to enlighten him.....no need in the end as the adapter was still in situ.

The dealer has been instructed to make sure that it is still there when I finally pick up the car, on pain of death :lol:

• 3 months later...
I have a 35th year anni car and, though I have a cradle, it doesn't quite look like this.

Can I still use this BT adapter from MJP?

If you let on as to where you are based perhaps someone local to you on here who has a bluetooth adaptor can see if fits/works with your car.

A pic of the cradle you have might also help confirm the answer you are looking for? ;)

Well, I live in Greece, so I'd be hard pressed to find someone local on this forum! :lol:

Though, I'll post a pic tomorrow and see if you guys can figure something out.

Cheers! :)

There is someone else on here who is from Greece ;)

Assuming from the "35th anniv" bit of your post, that you have JDM wihich won't be compatible with the UK BT adapter as you won't have the cradle needed and all the wiring it comes with..........

• 1 month later...

Just to revive this thread (that I found from a search), I've just bought a zed, picking her up next week, it's a 54 plate, it has the cradle like the one pictured a few posts back, and I've been looking for an adapter on ebay to fit it, my question is this...

Are all the adapters the same and will they all fit, I ask because the ones i have seen for sale look flat, and the cradle doesn't, it looks to have a raised bit in the middle towards the back?

cradle looks like this which is what the bluetooth adaptor sits in

Cradle.jpg

and with the adaptor fitted

CradleAdaptor.jpg

These two pics help to clarify the before (without any adaoptor fitted) and after with the BT bluetooth module clipped in place . :)

If you think back to the non-bluetooth phones used 3+ years ago then are cradles to suit them but unless you are into retro phones the bluetooth adaptor you see in the second pic is what you want ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...