Joseph and the technicolor dream dash

hicksi

Hey Team,

Hope you're all well amidst the isolation. Resisted messing with the Z so far, only fit Berk HFCs and a plenum spacer :blush:

RIGHT, 15 years old got a few things to spruce.

Door Handles

Centre dash and Shift surround 

Front and Rear Emblem/Badges

With regards to the door handles, after a search I don't think anyone has a color code, however I want to keep them as OEM silver as possible.

Does anyone know what the typical color (rattle can) people go for? Is it a satin silver, gloss silver, halfords 1234 etc etc... And with regards to the primer, is the outer material plastic, so are people using a plastic primer first?

With regards to the centre dash and shift surround, decided again to keep the OEM look as much as possible, leaving the bubbled effect in place, but again what color are people using to match the rest of the dash, mid sheen gloss black, matt black with a laqer etc.

As for the badges, wow these things are expensive, wanted to stay original nissan, however I could go with the Z logo replacement ones if it saves me dollar. Cheapest place I've  found for badges is WISH (ahhhhh dear), about 8quid each unless people know of a much more reputable place to buy these things?

Thanks in advance for the help guys and gals! 

There is a chap that sells emblems on here (look under traders) 

Centre dash you can get vinyl wrapped - I used satin black and it came up really nice

Door handles, do you mean the grabs which are black on the doors? They often get scuffed, again a vinyl wrap will give decent level of protection and newer look

Nice one buddy! 

Looking up the trader for emblems now. 

I think satin black is the way to go, did you use a lacquer on top? 

Door pulls are ok, but the mirror control section is scratched to buggery so probably satin those too. 

I meant the actual opening door handles on the outside. Key marks and chips galore. 

If I can get satin Z badges I'll probably try and match the door handles to the same color? I think... 

If a wrap is done properly it lasts years, loads of cars wrapped professionally last years out in the sun/heat/rain/snow etc. The ones you read about failing are usually where the person has used cheap ebay vinyl, and not applied it properly with proper curing process.