mods

SAFC99

I am getting my car on thursday and i am thinking about a pop charger, nismo exhaust sys, a new plenum and a picky back ECU. It an 05 zed, how much is all this going to cost and what BHP will i gain if its setup correctly on a rolling road. A gutted Mackem trying to cheer my self up, cheers for any info!

im no expert but im fairly sure you will see hardly any gains with that. in order to get anything noticeable on these Zeds you need to spend crazy money.

zorst and filter etc are purely for noise....but what a noise they make!! :teeth:

i think zorst is about £800 and pop charger about £95 from ESR but im sure Phil will give you the exact prices.

I am getting my car on thursday and i am thinking about a pop charger, nismo exhaust sys, a new plenum and a picky back ECU. It an 05 zed, how much is all this going to cost and what BHP will i gain if its setup correctly on a rolling road. A gutted Mackem trying to cheer my self up, cheers for any info!

The cost of the piggyback ECU and mapping just don't justify the gains.

im no expert but im fairly sure you will see hardly any gains with that. in order to get anything noticeable on these Zeds you need to spend crazy money.

zorst and filter etc are purely for noise....but what a noise they make!! :teeth:

i think zorst is about £800 and pop charger about £95 from ESR but im sure Phil will give you the exact prices.

he has said he will buy a piggy back ecu - utec or similar which should be able to take advantage of the mods but pound for lb it wont give good returns unfortunately

FI is the only way for big gains but then its major £££Â£'s

Plenum is your best bet for real world gains.

Personally I would also not Mod straight away, learn the car and what it can do and does, then start with the Plenum spacer, CAI and then Zorst. Lots to choose.

Other advice is to look at brake pads, disks, and suspension.

If you do go for HighFlows then look at the new kinetx ones with the hangers rather than the unsupported ones.

Phil (ESR) or Kev (Envy) will be able to help and both can offer great advice...

Thanx for advice, ill be through to ESR on thursday morning for a look after a good drive on wednesday when i collect my car, i may buy a pop for my first purchase to start my modding! Cant wait.

let me know how it goes with the pop as im hoping that'll be my first choice of mods too.

Just wondering some people have said that the stock cat is very restrictive and needs changing, but other people say you dont get any BHP gains, so is it not best off to just get a back box exhaust only as it will still give the sound?

Just wondering some people have said that the stock cat is very restrictive and needs changing, but other people say you dont get any BHP gains, so is it not best off to just get a back box exhaust only as it will still give the sound?

Hi there SAFC99, here is how i see it,

Modding this car depends on your budget and what you want to get out of it. (same for every car)

If you are looking for bolt on mods and real BHP gains, then save your money. The only real bolt on mod that gives you any real gains is the plenum spacer. If you however, bolt on an induction kit,plenum spacer,Zorst...this would change the sound and character of the car and give you a big grin everytime you drive it. IT will not show any power gains.

better performance overall?? apart from the above kit to sound better, change the brakes to PF/DBA combo discs and PF pads, change the brake/clutch lines and fluids. Get yourself an uprated suspension kit starting from £500 upwards to £1200 depending on your usage of the Zed on track etc.

Ohh 1 more thing...before you spend any money on any mods...get yourself an advanced sports car driver training!!!! All of thses recommended mods will change the car completely from what you have right now....still wont show BHP gains on paper though! for that spend about £10k and go FI... now your turn....what would u like to spend money on??? bigphil@ESR and Kevin@Envy are my recommended trader on here.....but im sure that members who have dealt with other traders will recommend them to you shortly!

Thanx for advice all, i think i am going to get a pop charger and a nismo exhaust and that will do me, i like the look of the nismo exhaust as it isnt to large in comparison to the stock exhaust, i might get my pop next week then the nismo in a few months time after ive learnt how to drive the zed!