Failed MOT - Rear subframe? Is this replaceable?

veeg33

Just failed MOT this morning, this parts needs fixing or replacing. Anyone had similar problems and how do you sort it out? Was it a big job (sub-frame out, exhaust out, etc) or something as simple as replace the part (without removing other parts) ? Passenger side has corroded, driver side still OK but if they can be replaced, I think both needs replacing at the same time. @ZMANALEXdo you have parts if it can be replaced? 

IMG_20191209_130044.jpg

IMG_20191209_130034.jpg

Edited by veeg33

Having done some google search, looks like that's a kidney braces? and the part i need to replace is the one above is board assembly - rear floor? Would be great if you guys can confirm how easy it is to replace these 2 items? I have access to tools and ramp to replace the if they are easy enough? Probably the toughest will be the rusty bolts and nuts.

Edited by veeg33

All parts are in stock and good to go same/next day.

If the kidney brackets are corroded then they will have to be replaced, however from your image it appears to be the panel that runs behind the petrol tank that is corroded and if that is the case, just remove it as it serves very little purpose.

IMHO, this panel should not be an MOT failure as it is not structural

However I have the panels in stock if you wish to replace.

Kidney brackets are also in stock.

Alex :)

24 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

All parts are in stock and good to go same/next day.

If the kidney brackets are corroded then they will have to be replaced, however from your image it appears to be the panel that runs behind the petrol tank that is corroded and if that is the case, just remove it as it serves very little purpose.

IMHO, this panel should not be an MOT failure as it is not structural

However I have the panels in stock if you wish to replace.

Kidney brackets are also in stock.

Alex :)

Many thanks Alex. I'll see if I can talk him to accept this is not structural and can be removed without replacing.

33 minutes ago, veeg33 said:

Many thanks Alex. I'll see if I can talk him to accept this is not structural and can be removed without replacing.

If he plays hard ball, just remove the rusted panel and go to another testing station.

• Like 1