Clutch cable replacement

bens313

Hi All,

Taking my 350 on a drift day soon and noticed that the clutch cable is really squeaky (not too worrying) and feels quite rough (a bit more worrying). The roughness feels Gritty and is definitely in the linkage the the clutch and not the clutch itself, feels like a rough spring. 

Obviously don't want this to break on the drift day and ruin the day so would rather replace it before or at least take a spare. From what i have read the cable seems to be hydraulic but cant find any examples other than one from "Hel" (had bad experiences in the past so reluctant to buy). Could anyone point me in the right direction for a new cable and some info, such as if the clutch has to be bled?

Apologies if this has been talked about before, the only thread i could find was from 2008!

Thanks!!

The clutch system is hydraulic, my 350z clutch line broke and I lost all the fluid resulting in the pedal hitting the floor... You really don't want this :surrender:

The hel braided line is fine for the clutch line replacement, there were problems with brake lines I have heard before, but then again some people haven't had any trouble! 

Easy enough to do, the line simply is a straight replacement, just might need a second person in the car on the pedal and topping the reservoir up while it's being bled through :thumbs:

20171029_154444.jpg

Yeah that doesn't sound fun! Thanks for the info.

I will get a hold of the Hel clutch line just in case then. Is bleeding done at the nut the clutch line attaches too or is there a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder?

Thanks again.

5 minutes ago, bens313 said:

Yeah that doesn't sound fun! Thanks for the info.

I will get a hold of the Hel clutch line just in case then. Is bleeding done at the nut the clutch line attaches too or is there a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder?

Thanks again.

Bleed on the slave cylinder :thumbs: the slave cylinder can also be a weak link on these cars if you search the forums, but may not be a problem for you! 

A good tip is to get a clear piece of tube in a bottle or something to see when the air bubbles stop when you're bleeding the system through.

As zman said, to try stop your squeaking have a good spray up to lube all the clutch linkage.