Traction control cutting in...

Digsy

...on full bore get aways as I change into second and floor it. This is in the dry and is not something I ever had a problem with over 3 years in the old Zed.

Is it the extra power of the MY07? The RE050s? Could be tire pressures as I haven't checked them yet.

Any one have any ideas?

...on full bore get aways as I change into second and floor it. This is in the dry and is not something I ever had a problem with over 3 years in the old Zed.

Is it the extra power of the MY07? The RE050s? Could be tire pressures as I haven't checked them yet.

Any one have any ideas?

We have had a couple of customers experiencing the same thing.

Seems to take a while for the tyres and shocks to bed in, has got better with miles on the car.

can't confirm for definite but the rear shocks seam to be a softer rate than previous cars.

I have this too, 04 plate!

I think it is more to do with gear change technique as if I change slightly less aggresivley then it doesnt occur.

Its odd as the power just completely cuts for a second or so, then picks up almost like the lag of a huge turbo!

I ended up working out how to change into 2nd gear properly and it went away.

Hmmm. The fact that I didn't have a problem with the MY03 suggests to me that I can change gear properly. ;)

So could I after a while, you learn not too boot it too much changing gear and when to let off the power B)

Its odd as the power just completely cuts for a second or so, then picks up almost like the lag of a huge turbo!

That's the perfect description. Had this in the dry on the slip road to the motorway yesterday morning - I've just moved from a turbo'd motor to the Z and it felt like the old turbo was back to haunt me(!) :scare:

Steve

the valving on all 4 shocks is actually valved stiffer than previous years, as are spring rates - at least on US spec cars.

How many miles on the car? Start with the simple things - tire pressure and alignment, and go from there

Any one have any ideas?

Seems to take a while for the tyres and shocks to bed in, has got better with miles on the car.

can't confirm for definite but the rear shocks seam to be a softer rate than previous cars.

the valving on all 4 shocks is actually valved stiffer than previous years, as are spring rates - at least on US spec cars.

How many miles on the car? Start with the simple things - tire pressure and alignment, and go from there

Any one have any ideas?

1300, mate. 19" rims going back on in the next couple of weeks so I'll check alignment/pressures and see how we go.

Thanks for the input all. :thumbs: