Wax

Minid

Hi All, my 350z is kept on the drive all the time. I am having the front end and rear spoiler resprayed next month and want to get a decent wax for protection from the elements. I was looking at bikt hamber double speed wax or AF Tripple. Can you recommend a wax that provides a decent shine but gives that protection, thanks

I literally JUST finished using AF Tripple on my Zed. Will post up my findings in a bit.

Great All In One product.

Good paint cleanser, small degree of polishing and fillers to hide the uncorrected swirls.

With a machine it was very quick to use.

Literally about a minute per 2ft square section saw good results.

No dusting issues like Autoglym SRP.

HOWEVER...... I've read the durability is not up there with other hard wearing waxes so have topped it with a coat of Gtechniq C2V3 which is so fast to use it's like wiping water over the paint then wiping off (no real buffing was needed)

Other waxes will most definitely outlast Tripple, but I don't think they'll be as glossy if you have any swirls.

The Bolt Hamber has a good following as does Fusso Soft99 

Whatever you get, don't get too hung up on whether you got THE BEST as there is never a universally accepted best.

Just enjoy the process and look forward to detailing your zed again.

Tripple is more of a glaze than a wax to be honest. It’s a very good glaze though so gives a good finish when you can’t/don’t want to polish and it works equally well by hand or machine. It’ll last <2 weeks on its own though.

What you top it with will ultimately determine the durability, and that’ll depend on your budget - I’m assuming from the two products you’re looking at then you’re not looking at high end waxes, so I’d suggest Poorboys blue.

BH Double Speed is a good hybrid wax and very durable, you’re looking towards 6 months, and gives a reasonably good finish. I wouldn’t say it was the glossiest finish ever but it’s still up there.

I'm also going to throw out there the much underrated FinishKare pink wax as an alternative to both, great gloss, good durability, easy to work with and the tin will last you a lifetime.