Falken ZE912 - Any thoughts?

bugglet

Hi,

I've finally scrubbed my fronts to the point I really must replace them. I'm currently running Falken FK452 tyres all round and have been happy with them.

I've been ringing round the local places and the only one that stocks Falken doesn't any 452s. He does however have ZE912 tyres which he told me are the "new ones from Falken and as good as the 452."

I cant find much info on the 912, and what I can is making me think it's not a sports car tyre. So I was wondering if there was anyone out there with knowledge on these tyres who could let me know if they're suitable for the Zed, or if I should steer clear.

Thanks.

Sound pretty good but not used them :D

The Falken Ziex ZE-912 is the successor to the immensely popular Ziex ZE-512. In the tradition of its predecessor, the ZE-912 delivers outstanding performance and solid value. It is, without a doubt, the best high performance all season tire that Falken has produced to date. In creating the ZE-912, Falken was able to capitalize on the many strengths of the ZE-512 while making improvements in some key areas of performance. For starters, the ZE912 features an eye-catching asymmetric tread pattern that allows for free rotation. In addition, rotation wear indicators help to maximize tread life by ensuring flat, even treadwear. These improvements in treadwear are backed by a 65,000 mile limited treadwear warranty for 60 and 65 series sizes and a 40,000 mile limited treadwear warranty on low-profile sizes (55 series and below - See manufacturer's website for details).In order to make this asymmetric tread perform in wet conditions, Falken has incorporated four high-volume circumferential grooves along with high-angle variable cross grooves. These grooves are designed to allow water to escape from under the contact area. The end result is an overall improvement in wet traction and a higher UTQG traction rating of AA (55 through 35 series sizes only).

Thanks guys.

Think I'll make sure the shop recommend them for use on a sports car before I let them fit them. ...then I'll get them to sign something saying that they are resposible for any accident caused by lost traction on the front wheels! ;)

I can get hold of the 452s at the same shop but they need to order them in so I'd have to wait a day or two. Since they have these other ones in stock and claim they are an improvement, (and I could really do with replacing them :scare: ), it sounds like a sensible choice - unless they're desgined for a 100bhp Mondeo..

Taken from ctyres after googling

falken_ze-512.gif

The Falken ZE-512 is an all season performance tyre desinged for saloon cars and perforamance cars. The ZE-512 is an aggressive pattern and performs well bothi in dry and wet condions.Uni-directional tread design and circumferential grooves for superior wet weather handling

Smooth, quiet, comfortable ride. Improved rim protection ridge protects expensive custom wheels

New multi-radius profile increases contact pressure and low profile styling

Grip in Dry: 4 out of 5

Grip in wet: 4 out of 5

Overall performance: 4 out of 5

falken_fk452.gif

The falken FK-452 is falkens new flagship performance tyre, the fk-452 has a special silica based compound. Innovative tread design from motor sports racing technology. Improved resistance to aquaplaning.

Grip in Dry: 3 out of 5

Grip in wet: 4.5 out of 5

Overall performance: 4 out of 5

Those are ZE 512's not 912's. I had 512's on a previous car and would call them on OK summer tyre. Hopeless in the wet (compared to the BF Goodrich I tried after) and would advise against different tyres front and rear. If possible replace all of them. ;)