Changing diff & gearbox fluids - can I reuse the fluid pump?

Kryptek49

Going on a 1500 mile road trip at the end of this month, so I'm changing all the fluids on my car this weekend.

I haven't had to change a fluid on a car before that involved using a fluid transfer pump.  Once I've used the pump to fill the rear differential, how do you then clean it to then use it for the gearbox? I assume they're not one time use, but you can't just rinse it out with water can you? Or would the residual oil left over not make a difference?

I've had a google as it's not really a Zed question but haven't found anything about it.

33 minutes ago, Kryptek49 said:

Going on a 1500 mile road trip at the end of this month, so I'm changing all the fluids on my car this weekend.

I haven't had to change a fluid on a car before that involved using a fluid transfer pump.  Once I've used the pump to fill the rear differential, how do you then clean it to then use it for the gearbox? I assume they're not one time use, but you can't just rinse it out with water can you? Or would the residual oil left over not make a difference?

I've had a google as it's not really a Zed question but haven't found anything about it.

Hi mate if you go to guide section on this forum all the info needed will be there, good luck hope you have a good holiday