Ace 201 alloys

RobD7

I've been to 2 websites to look at this wheel, one says it fits the 350z, another says it doesn't. Anyone know the answer? Also, would welcome any thoughts on this wheel? As I really want a 5 spoke alloy and one where the spokes go right to the edge. If anyone has any pictures of 350's on these type of 5 spokes then I welcome them! Link below:

http://www.wheelbasedirect.co.uk/prodde ... rod=ace201

Thanks,

Rob :thumbs:

I'm not sure what the wheel sizes need to be but can you not email the store and ask them to confirm? At least that way, if you buy them and they don't fit you've got something to refer to when you ask for your moneyback.

Are those prices for 4 wheels? Seem very cheap!

Yeah they come to about £1k on every site which seems good (want them in 19s). Good idea about e-mailing them, still worry sometimes that those who reply from these stores don't really know what they're talking about!!

OMG £1k for wheels + Toyo's :surrender:

The wheels must be of such poor quality to be able produce them and make a profit at that price AND include a set of tyres :scare:

I'd expect them to be ok till about November and as soon as the road salt comes out these rims will dissolve................. :blush:

I've found loads of 19's for this sort of price, surely they can't all be bad!? :headhurt:

If you own a Corsa they'll be great :blush:

No doubt they'll weigh a ton which will affect your handling. The finish on the rims will be minimal. If a set of £2000 RAYS volks won't stand up to british weather a £500 set of Halfords-esque rims have no chance. :scare:

I don't mean to sound harsh or patronising but in 12 months you'll be buying a replacement set of rims with another......therfore you might as well of bought a more expensive set to start with.... :blush:

I'm sure a set of Rota's from Bigphil are non quality wheels that come with tyres which is what I'd be doing if i was on a budget :)

IMO a grand with tyres is a bit too cheap, toyos are about £500 so thats £125 a rim left... and thats at retail.

Laying out Torque and 250bhp at the wheels in a zed, I would prefer to have something more up to the job carying me along...

Just my opinon, but at the end of the day its your car and your money. If they are right for you and your car, go get em :thumbs:

IMO a grand with tyres is a bit too cheap, toyos are about £500 so thats £125 a rim left... and thats at retail.

Laying out Torque and 250bhp at the wheels in a zed, I would prefer to have something more up to the job carying me along...

Just my opinon, but at the end of the day its your car and your money. If they are right for you and your car, go get em :thumbs:

My thoughts exactly, and almost exactly what i posted. For the kind of money were talking I'd prefer to stick with the standard rays :)

Not fussed about cost, it appears though the designs I have been looking at were cheap ones (I'm obviously easily pleased!!)

Really like the wheels in the second link you attached (as in the second link down from the group of 4), will enquire about those as that is exactly what I want... :teeth::thumbs:

Not fussed about cost, it appears though the designs I have been looking at were cheap ones (I'm obviously easily pleased!!)

Really like the wheels in the second link you attached (as in the second link down from the group of 4), will enquire about those as that is exactly what I want... :teeth::thumbs:

They are here for $670 a wheel:

http://fastcarpro.com/index.php?manufac ... 11293e8efc

So thats about £1200 plus shipping plus tyres so a toal of about £1900 which is about right imo :)

Good choice :) there are a few Co's that produce the penta twin spoke design. Think racing hart so something close... Rays do to..

They are here for $670 a wheel:

http://fastcarpro.com/index.php?manufac ... 11293e8efc

So thats about £1200 plus shipping plus tyres so a toal of about £1900 which is about right imo :)

That's the kind of price I was originally expecting to spend as I was originally looking at Nismo's :D

Good choice :) there are a few Co's that produce the penta twin spoke design. Think racing hart so something close... Rays do to..

Cheers for the info, am going to look into it more now, although probably in the morning as I can feel my eyes starting to close from staring at too many wheels!! :lol:

Cheers for the info, am going to look into it more now, although probably in the morning as I can feel my eyes starting to close from staring at too many wheels!! :lol:

Happy to be of assistance, I know how hard it was to find the wheels you are happy with... Took me ages to choose my volks....

Happy to be of assistance, I know how hard it was to find the wheels you are happy with... Took me ages to choose my volks....

Which Volks do you have? For some reason, when i was buying mine I would only look at Volks. :blush:

Which Volks do you have? For some reason, when i was buying mine I would only look at Volks. :blush:

Mines the one behind the one you dont like! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/ ... 08/062.jpg Volk GT-S's. Did look at most of the Ray range, and the Racing Harts, and the Advans and the etc etc etc!

Lol, it was lucky to get a wash!! Let alone tyre shine!! It was only thanks to H5 that I borrowed his Bucket and Mitt and shires microfibre that I managed to get it looking like that!

Thinking about it I should have asked Shire as he had every other detailing product with him!!!!

These seem to fit the bill, either mine, making a killer saving :teeth: ,or brand new as they're a good price for a quality wheel.

Actually, if they don't sell in the next few days they'll probably get a refurb and go back on my car for Summer. B)