Front wing options

zeebez

I have a rusty from wing that needs replacing. I don't think it's worth the hassle to repair and respray as it's spread pretty well and in a couple of places on the same pannel.

Sooo I've been looking about the web as you do looking for alternative options and solutions.

Initially my thought was to find a colour matched wing OEM wing and just do a quick swap over and jobs a goodun. However front OEM wings that are either rust free or undamaged appear to be as rare as rocking horse poo.  I then looked into pattern options, fibre glass and carbon options.  I know it's possible to get new OEM from Torquen for around £300 plus paint, but like most I'm trying to make my money go the furthest while making sure I don't fall into the buy cheap buy twice trap.

Pattern metal options

There seems to be a wide price range from £55 to £110 and it's impossible to tell if it's the same wing or different qualities. Also from what I have seen none appear to have any holes drilled for indicators. I've read a few reviews about them being a tad on the thin side which isn't the end of the world but I could do without having to replace a dented pannell shortly down the line after paying out to get it painted up.

Fiber glass

I've pretty much discounted this option as when ever I have searched these online I appear to find plenty of people who have gone that way but have had huge issues with fitment and ended up giving up and going OEM. Unless anyone on here has had any positive experiences with a particular company this one I will pass over most likely.

Carbon

The obvious option here is seibon but at this moment in time I'm unwilling to spend loads on them for just replacing a rusty wing. The other option is I've found a set of wings from Hz dynamics on eBay for about 700 posted but there could be the same issue as fibreglass fenders with poor fit. Has anyone here know of or fitted any carbon fenders?

Currently I'm a bit in a tricky spot as I can't seem to decide what option to go down so I'm hoping to reach out to the 350z community to pull from the well of experience everyone here to help me plan my next move.

47 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Hi mate has zedmanalex got any wings

I Pm'd him earlier but he said he didn't have any that were rust free. Also seen a blue HR one on eBay but reluctant to spend that kind of money if it's not a colour match. 

4 minutes ago, zeebez said:

I Pm'd him earlier but he said he didn't have any that were rust free. Also seen a blue HR one on eBay but reluctant to spend that kind of money if it's not a colour match. 

OK mate, I sure somebody will be able to help good luck with it

I'm think I'm unfortunatly going to be in this position next summer. Have a small patch of bubbles on my front right wing.

I have been leaning towards fibreglass even though they have a bad rep for fitment! I consider myself quite a handy chap though and would feel confident in cutting/re-working etc. 

Atleast fibreglass won't rust. ( I think the ones on there at the moment started to rust from the liners rubbing the paint off) 

Steel - general consensus is that they will be a bang on fit straight out of the box. Also ECP always have them on sale for around £80 (I'm sure if you ordered one they would take it back if you thought it was too thin)

Carbon Fibre - Would love to! But the cost it slot more that I'm willing to spend. (Rear arch panels are cheaper than the fronts in carbon!!!) Also if your car is stock the carbon could look odd, especially as mines a sunset

That's my 2cents. I'm curious to know what way you go!

Thanks

Sam