DE window switches same as HR?

Kryptek49

Pretty sure they're exactly the same, I did this mod on my Rev-up and don't recall any switches being listed for specific model years. 

As long as you replace both switches with ones that have got the auto function you shouldn't have a problem :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

You literally just have to swap the switches over for ones with the auto function, so it's extremely easy. 

On a facelift Zed like mine the drivers side surround trim just pops off then the switch-pack unclips from the back. The passenger side is the same except you have to remove the grab handle first (pop out the metal insert then undo the two 10mm bolts). 

I think the pre-facelift is the same except there's an extra screw per side somewhere. 

I had to hunt a bit but got mine off ebay in the end. 

Yeah whilst I had my trims off I took the opportunity to clean them up.

Depends what sort of look you're after, a lot of people wrap or hydrodip them but I wanted to keep it looking oem so I sanded them down then used some plastic primer and satin black paint. 

They took a while to prep because the oem rubberised coating (or whatever it is) is a right pain in the arse to remove but they came out looking great in the end. 

Edited by Jack94

Happy to help :) I didn't put on a clear coat because like you say, I was worried that might make them too glossy. 

Instead I just put quite a few coats of the satin black on.

So far they're still looking as good as the day I did them :thumbs: